TORN TO P I E C E S 35

Rahma

One week?No it has like a whole month

One week?
No it has like a whole month... A whole month filled with emptiness, hopeless and sadness. A second felt like a hour, a hour felt like a day, a day felt like a month.
Yes this was how exactly we were feeling after she had gone.

"Its my fault. I shouldn't have send her alone to get that whatever she went to get! I should have gone with her too. How could I be so stupid? How?..."

"Aalia, don't beat yourself up for that. If its your fault, then it our fault too. What was mean to happen , happened. What if you went, and they harmed you? Would that made you feel OK? What if we all went and they did something to All of us?
No Aalia, this is not our fault..." Ilma replied while stroking her sister's head while she was weeping. She had tears in her own eyes too.
We were staying at Anisa's house at the moment. Ilma's and My mother was speaking quietly within themselves. Some how it reminded me of the hospital. And strangly, It was Anisa who has been affected at that time. Could this be a coincidence? No... There is no such a thing as
co-incidence. She was just at the wrong time at the wrong place. This could happen for anyone.

" Why would anyone want to do this to her? The only fault that happened from her was loving him. And look, she has got into trouble for the second time. The first time she survived. But will she survive this time?"
I know I was mumbling like a idiot, but I couldn't help.
Ilma was deeply occupied with her thoughts to hear me which was unusual. She had trouble lines on her
forehead.

"Ilma...did you even hear what I've been telling?"

"Huh? No sorry...I didn't
I was just thinking.. About Anisa... I mean like I'm still confused how did this happen? And why is her story goes like a serial drama?"

" Well, is that the reason you were biting your lower lip ?
I know that look Ilma. Its called guilt. Please, don't beat up yourself too. Its her Qala qadr. She is reaping what she planted couple of months ago..."

"But... I feel so confused." She paused for a moment.
" Could it be my fault?"

I was starting to get annoyed with her. Why she is putting all the blame in to herself when its not her fault.

"Listen Ilma, did you plan this? Did you hired a van and Kidnapped her?
No! So stop torturing yourself again and again. I know, I can't remember the day I had a good meal. When ever I'm at home, I will be in front of the TV, waiting for breaking news. Look at her family! They are completely torn to pieces. And-"
I stared at Aalia, who was sleeping on Ilma's lap.
"She's a newly wedded girl. She doesn't deserve any of this either..."

"But..." Ilma was interrupted by the sound of the front door opening. In came Hassan, with a weary face.
He added more gloom to the room. He stared at the sleeping Aalia, who me Ilma was trying to awake. As soon as she woke up, she saw her husband.

"I'm so sorry dear. Let me make some tea for you."

"Its OK Aalia, I had tea before I came back. I'm really sorry. You can go back to your mom and stay until all of this resolved."