Chapter 7: Fall for you

The eerie stillness continued that Friday.

Everything, somehow, remained the same. Students pacing out and about the campus in their crisply plaid uniforms. Some going to the cafeterias for a quick breakfast. Some heading early to their classrooms, loitering in the hallways, in the garden by the fountain.

By 8:30 in the morning, the first bell rang and everybody's scurrying to their respective classes.

"Heads up!" Somebody shouted.

She jerked and blinked. She was walking in the hallway and had been lost in her thoughts and- thump!

An extreme pain seared through her temple to the tips of her nerves when something hit her so hard on the head that sent her plummeting  backwards. There were shrieks.

In her shock, she was not even able to let out a cry. Her eyes closed automatically and anticipated the fall.

But nothing happened. She wasn't sprawling on the marble floor. And it was quiet. Too quiet.

'What happened?' She felt for her nerves.. 'Oh my gosh.'

She was hanging... mid-air and cuddled by what felt like -arms??? Her eyes harshly flew open only to see the clearest, most tantalizing dark-brown eyes she had ever set her eyes on in her entire life. Not that she haven't seen one though, just never this close.

'Oh.My.SweetBabyJeeezus!!  I'ts Sung Yu Jin!'

She blinked. And blinked. And blinked again. 'Oh dear, he's not disappearing, his not. He's eefin' real!'

Yu Jin was staring down at her with confused eyes. "Babe, are you alright?"

'B-babe?!' She could feel her eyes bugged out.

Yu Jin blinked twice at her reaction and then smiled so bright it shows his pearly white and perfect teeth. "Oh babe, what beautiful eyes you have..."

Hearing that, she sprang up and hurriedly stepped back a couple all the while clutching her bag for dear life. Her heart beating so fast.

Yu Jin's hand went to his heart like he was hurt, but looked so cute when he pouted. "Babe, you're hurting me."

In her nervousness, she stepped back again.

"Uhm. . I.. uh- I'm," she took a deep breath. "Sorry. I didn't mean to fall for you," she blurted then froze when her words finally hit her. Everybody gasped and stared her way. Her hands went up to cover her lips. What did I just say?

They were blinking at each other realizing the meaning of her words. Then a familiar huge boyish smile playfully crept out his lips as he put a hand in his pocket.

"I-I mean fall on...you."

"Nah. It's aw'right. I can always catch you," he cut on, smiling brightly at her.

'Oh merciful Gods of Humiliation, swallow me whole!'

Before she could protest, the students behind him parted and let four guys through. 'Oh jeezus, The Black Widow!'

She stilled, speechless. Her tummy tightened that she swallowed hard.

Ivann stepped beside Yu Jin and was looking back and forth at them. "Ohh.. what do we have here?" he said smiling mischievously. She could already imagine a Cheshire cat.

"You're confessing this early morning dude?" Ashton teased, throwing an arm around his shoulder while playfully cocking his eyes brows at her.

"So, did she accept you yet?" Ivann whispered loudly. The students watching, laughed.