Chapter 8: The New Girl

A willowy girl was standing by the entrance. The New Girl. Her perfectly proportionate barbie doll features gave away a fragile physique. Her hazel brown eyes were shadowed by her voluminous black and curly lashes as she looked her down from head to toe. Her blonde hair with the soft curls on the tips flowed freely from her shoulder as she did so. Her innocent facial features registering slight confusion that changed to understanding as her eyes traveled from the paper cups and food leftovers scattering on the floor to the students gathered around the second floor looking their way.

They were regarding her with utmost curiosity. "Who is she?" somebody asked from above. Loud enough for everybody to hear.

Of course, they wouldn't know her by her face but they would know her by name. Who wouldn't, when her name alone is worth billions?

Well, it's about time she arrives.

She puffed a breath and walked towards the new girl. The girl's pink lips twitched slightly upward like she was having amusing thoughts. 'Was it because of her appearance? Or was it just a sarcastic smile for funny realizations?' She could only guess.

She stopped a step away from her and looked directly at her hazel brown eyes and snorted. "Welcome to Sinclair High Academy," she said dryly and walked off.

• • •

She just made her entrance in the lobby when that rather humiliating scene greeted her. It was exactly what she had envisioned this school to be, though. However, she wasn't rather expecting to be proven right five minutes after she walked into the place.

The girl with the short blonde wavy hair, sporting a now filthy uniform, stepped towards her. Her face, stoic but a smirk formed when she was finally in front of her. "Welcome to Sinclair High Academy," the girl said dryly and walked off.

She did not respond. The girl amuses her. There's something about her demeanor that's rather dignified amidst the circumstances.

She scanned the students gathered around on the second floor and profiled each of them. Hell, there are children of high ranking government officials, military personnel and other well-known business sharks in the crowd. Seems like they weren't bluffing at all when they told her what kind of school this would be.

And they don't recognize her which is good. For now.

She sighed and started walking towards the stairs. Their eyes following her every move. After all, she's the new girl in town.

"Do you know her?" She overheard a girl with the short hair asked the other.

"Nah, must be a nobody." The other girl replied snottily and went on their merry way.

Other students were eyeing her out too. She tuned them out and walked ahead. She peeked at the schedule sheet she was holding and started remembering where her next classroom would be. She had missed her first subject and she's supposed to be in her second class in five minutes. She likes Geometry.

The ongoing class fell silent as soon as she showed up by the door. The teacher, somehow recognized her instantly and walked over. "I see, you have finally arrived. I am Mrs. Huffer," she greeted in a raspy and rather intimidating voice while extending a hand.

She took it. "Nice meeting you Mrs. Huffer."

"Welcome to Sinclair High, young lady," the teacher said with a tight smile. She was looking at her in a bizarre way. Her eyes, scrutinizing her for a moment then regarded the class with the demeanor of a strict disciplinarian. "Please let yourself be known to your classmates."