Chapter 22: The Conclave

👋 Hi everyone!
Sooo 😬 before anything else, I'd like to say a few words. I know I went hiatus for months and some of you must have wondered why updates aren't coming. Well, my excuse is that I had a huge procrastination problem and I somehow loooooooost the motivation to carry on this story. 🙈BUT I did promise myself years ago when I published my first chapter that I WILL, no matter what, get this to the end. 😊 So, however slow my updates are coming, rest assured, you'll see the ending of this masterpiece. Lol. And besides everything good is worth waiting for. Right? 😂 Aaaanyhow, thank you so much for reading this piece and for leaving your votes! And I hope you enjoy this chapter AND because I felt so sorry for leaving you hanging for quiet a long time, I'm uploading two chapters this week. And expect the third to come sooner after that since I'm already working on it.

Thank you! 😘Thank you! 💗 and ENJOY! 📍

The Inferno's headquarters bustled with energy. Agents in armored clothing ran in haste towards position.

"Attention!" The officer commanded as Spade surveyed his agents. His boots pounding on the hard floor. The reason for him rounding them up is because he had suspected one agent gone. It's been months.

Now he's facing his agents with a stern face as he tried to hold back his temper. "Where's the Dark Angel?" Spade asked coldly.

Silence.

"Where is DA!" He boomed in rage.

"Sir, negative. Sir!" They chorused.

Infuriated, Spade marched off to the only suspect. He turned sharply on the corner towards the man's quarters and pushed the door open, which banged loudly on the wall.

"Minandro," he growled. "Where's my agent?" He said glaring at the man hunched on his computers.

The man didn't seem to hear him though.
He seems to be running a file search and when Spade looked closely, he identified Nimfas account. 

Then, footsteps came with a preceding clank of a cane on the floor. "Calm down, son," a voice reproached quietly.

Spade pinched his eyebrows, trying to rein in his temper. "My agent is missing, father," he grated. "So, forgive my insolence but I need an explanation."

His father only walked slowly towards Minandro and squinted on his monitor. Several more High Officers arrived giving him a cursory glance before settling down at the long table.

Spade waited.

Sir Hector straightened as he slowly looked back at him.  "DA's on a mission, son. No need to worry."

A muscle on his jaw ticked. "And why didn't I know about this?"

"It's a covert mission. I authorized it," Sir Hector said firmly looking at him on top of his glasses.

His jaw clenched, "You authorized it? Do you even hear yourself, father? Didn't it cross your mind what it's gonna do to her?" He said on grated teeth when he'd much rather want to scream it out loud.

But Hector wasn't listening. "Go, Spade. You have a mission of your own," he said in dismissal.

He was enraged. "This isn't done," he warned as he turned sharply and headed back to his office.