Chapter 13: Mr. Blue Eyes

She's hungry. Really Hungry.

She could only imagine all the sumptuous treats Chef Legraúne would make her back in their abode in New York. God, she's famished.

Her musings halted when something all too suddenly hit her right hand fingers which were unconsciously drumming on the tabletop. She watch the pen come rolling down the floor and hit the back of the guy's shoes in front. She whipped to her side. The culprit still had his eyes closed, his lips set to a grim line. His hands clasped together on the table top.

Jerk can just tell her to stop.

"Hey, Gorgeous," the guy in front called.

Her eyes panned to him.

"This yours?" He said with the pen extended to her. His clear blue eyes were trained on her.  And he was smirking. She just looked blankly at him but took the pen anyway and gingerly laid it on Grey's desk.

The guy's smirk faltered . His eyes darted from the pen to Grey and back to her. His smirk was back a moment later and he nodded at her before facing front again.

When she glanced at Grey this time, he had his eyes open and was staring at the pen like it was a rather strange object.

What a strange guy.

The raging storm in her stomach brought her back to reality. When the stupid bell finally sounded, she short of leaped from her seat and was out of the room even before anybody else can stand from their seats.

With determined steps, she headed for the cafeteria. 

Just then, she heard somebody yell after her which made her stop on her tracks. "It'd be wiser not to ditch class Mooncrest."

She huffed an irritated breath and whirled around to glare at Cindy.

Cindy stood her ground, shaking her head at the same time. "School Rules. Better get back in if you don't want trouble," she warned as she pivoted back inside the room.

Letting out a string of courses in her mind, she walked back inside in a seriously foul mood.

She flopped back on her seat at the same time she heard a snicker and a throat being cleared. She'd bet half of her legs that it came from the blue-eyed guy in front. She ignored him and propped an elbow on her table, rested her chin on her palm and looked outside.

In her peripheral vision, she caught a glimpse of Grey and Trevor on the back, right corner of the room.  They were both looking outside speaking in hush tones as if plotting on a national conspiracy.

She heard a chair scoot closer to her and before she knew it, the blue-eyed guy's face was right in front of hers. He had a massive grin on his face, his eyes crinkling with mirth on the sides and he too was leaning on his palm.

"Thought you'd ditched me," he said huskily with a smirk.

'Oh how she wanted to wipe his smirk off' but of course she didn't. Pulling away, she crossed her arms and ignored him.

He chuckled. "C'mon Mooncrest! Humor me and say something."

A few heads turned their way as he started gushing at how cool she'd been when she 'put that politician on his place' and the whispering resumed. She sighed. She's famished and this guy just won't stop bugging her.