Chapter 20: Mystery Guy

The walls reverberated in the web as Grey slammed his door shut. Followed by a series of crash of broken shards.

Trevor glanced at the boys who looked blankly at the door.

"What's up with him?" asked a slightly bewildered Yu Jin.

Grey's  mood have been on the brink of severe darkness nowadays and his encounter with Mooncrest left him once more  in a foul mood if those broken shards are something to tell.

"Dude, what d'you think is the deal with him and that chick?" Ashton asked Trevor from the seat across him.

He glanced at the closed door before shaking his head. "Nah. Let's just let him be for now." He's got a good theory 'bout it but then he could be wrong.

For the next days and weeks, Raven had suffered most forms of bullying apparently for being the Black Widows pet. But she endured it all. With her guardians' help too.

Somehow, she had survived a month inside SinHigh. Aside from that, she also made progress in her quest. She was able to take a look inside the club's archives. It didn't take a lot of persuasion since Jake, the records keeper, more than willingly showed her the confidential room. It's a vault where their music records were kept along with the history accounts of the club. She also saw plaques from competitions, pictures and memorabilias. 

Apparently, all members of the club are required to put memorabilias inside a small box. Seizing the opportunity, she simply asked to take a look at Nimfa's box. Jake had jerked  at her suspiciously and said, "What would you want it for?"

She only smiled guiltily and answered, "Everyone was talking about her. Obviously, I got curious. She's a very interesting topic for me. And I've heard she's a member of this club, too."

Jake sighed. "Well, that's understandable. We were all curious about her for a while too after what happened. The Black Widows interrogated all of us about her. But we didn't know anything."

Her eyes darted around the tall shelves and a large number of small boxes around. "So, what did her box contain?"

Jake quietly took a few steps towards a shelf a few stands onwards. He brought back a black box with Nimfa Villacortas name on it. "A paper," he said softly.

"What's in it?" Raven asked expectantly.

Jake glanced at her before he lifted the lid off. "A song she composed."

She looked down the box. It was almost empty except for a single black paper with a torn corner. "Can I?"

Jake shrugged. "Sure."

She took the paper and laid it on a nearby table. It was really a song written in cursive, which was entitled, 'My Friend'.