Chapter 26: The Quest

Raven slammed the door close behind her. Shutting her thoughts on Grey's deranged revelation as well. He was absolutely insane. And why is she starting to believe him! Her heart was still beating fast. She was so disconcerted. What is going on? Could she really be somebody he was saying she was?  Impossible! He was luring her. That she could agree with. He was trying to trap her. She wasn't going to be caught in his web. It's messed up. But, why would he make the effort of lying to her? What would he get in return? Is it a game? Is he making a fool outta her? She shook her head off those memories. Now is not the right time. There are still pressing issues to settle first. She could feel another headache coming. What a night!

Immediately as she entered, she saw Tasha huddled at the corner of her bed. She looked instantly alert  at Raven. Even with the lights turned off, Raven could see the fear in Tasha's eyes.

She walked slowly towards Tasha. She pulled the bloody handkerchief off and dangled it on Tasha's face.

"What happened?" Tasha asked with a shaking voice. She'd been half-expecting Guardians to storm into their dorm any moment.

She gingerly dropped the handkerchief on Tasha's bed and crossed her arms. "I just saved your life."

Her eyes grew big and fearful. "What did you do?"

Raven stared coldly at her. "Doesn't matter," she said dismissively.

"But Chester and Dave!" Tasha exclaimed. Her eyes were red from crying and full of fear.

"Are on the Infirmary, recuperating their perverted selves," she replied just as coldly while looking at Tasha meaningfully as she sat on her bed and crossed her legs.

Tasha took deep calming breaths before sighing dejectedly. "What do you want in return?"

"You know what I want," she said smirking.

Fresh set of tears rolled down Tasha's face before she reluctantly reached for her pink Minnie Mouse watch. She threw Raven a glance before she went on and twisted a small knob off. Out came a minute compartment from the inside of the watch. It looked like a miniature resin. She flipped it off and twisted the dial of her watch again before she put it in place and clicked back the knob again. Light came on and then a hologram showed.

She was in awe. It was brilliant. "How did you get your hands on this?"

Tasha just stared at it with sad eyes. "My father gave it to me when I was 8. He said one day I'm gonna need this. I've been staring at it for years wondering what use it will have," Tasha said as she slowly gave it to Raven. "I guess it finally served its purpose.

Raven looked at it closely. It was really the blueprint of SinHigh. It was there; the doors to the secret corridors, the tunnels, the Black Widow Mansion and Headquarter. Finally. She stared at it and studied it for a long time. Etching every line into her memory such that when she looked up again, Tasha was already fast asleep on her bed. She sighed and stared at it some more. A sinister smile forming on her lips. Now her plan is afoot.

She's decided. It was game time. And no amount of Grey's brainwashing could derail her plans. She's going to see this through. She's gonna solve Carmela's crime. And tonight's incident as well...

'Oh no. Mason...' she almost forgot about him. She sighed. She'll just find out what happened to him tomorrow. 

Raven slowly walked through the doors towards the cafeteria. She had planned to wale up early but her body had other plans. Her medication is really doing havoc on her body. And she doesn't like it. Her eyes scanned the cafè fast and sighed in relief when she spotted Mason with the boys. She immediately headed towards them.