Chapter 17: Ganged up

"Who's here?" She looked behind Zab a little bit confused.

Zab looked at her impatiently. "Remember the guy you've pissed this morning?"

She raised a brow. 

"Well, he's really pissed. They're waiting inside."

Zab reached for her arms. "Cindy sent me to warn you," she said in a hurried whisper. "We should go."

"What're you waiting for?" Zab asked when she still didn't move. 

She's Raven Mooncrest. Why would she be swayed by petty threats?

"Raven," Zab's voice held a warning. "We have to go. You can't walk in there."

But she stayed still. No she wouldn't be threatened.  

Zabs expression turned frantic. "Raven, this is serious. Don't be stupid!"  

Raven looked at her calmly. "Let me see for myself then." 

"That's just crazy! They won't even care if you're a girl or not, whether you're filthy rich or not. They're outta teach you a lesson."

She blinked. "We'll see." 

"You're stubborn." She remarked disapprovingly.  "D'you know that?"

"So I've been told." She had decided. She wouldn't be threatened. Not by these juveniles. She stepped away and reached for the door handle.

A hand stopped her from opening it. "Raven, you gotta listen to me. It's a trap."

But she didn't listen. "If I ran away now, will they stop?" She just gave Zab a meaningful look before opening the door.

"You're being reckless again, Raven!" Zab tried calling her back one last time but she didn't even look back. 

Silence filled the room as she walked in. It was wide and with mirrors. Students were already in their training suits and slumped around.

"Finally, the princess has arrived." A well-built blonde guy from the other side of the room spoke. He had his arms crossed over his chest. Displeasure written all over his face and looking so much like a typical jock. Following behind him are about ten other gangly guys staring menacingly at her. 

The students 'uh-ohed'  upon smelling trouble.

She stopped on her tracks and faced them. She had assessed and profiled each one in her mind. 

He walked closer to her until he was just a step away. "I've been waiting for you."  He had his arms crossed on his chest. Displeasure written all over his face.  

"You make me feel very important," she remarked half amused.

Whatever 's up his sleeves, she ain't going down without a fight. And no way is she backing down either. 

The guy smirked. "What can I say? Patience is a virtue."  

"But why is time gold?" She couldn't help herself saying.

A small satisfied smirk formed on his lips. "You and your smart mouth, Mooncrest. Oh boy, aren't you in trouble." He said as he scanned her body until his eyes settled back on hers.

"Escort the lady out, boys. The stage is waiting," he nonchalantly commanded as he looked her down with a naughty glint in his eyes.

Two of his men stepped towards her.  

She looked them up and raised a brow challengingly. "You would dare?" 

She heard him chuckle as she looked up at him. He's taller, around 6'3".