10

~ Pauly's POV ~

I saw Snooki dancing with Brooke. I knew it was now or never. I went to put my beer down & when I turned around she was gone. I walked onto the dance floor and couldn't find her. I walked upstairs to see if she went up there. Nothing. 'Did she go home?' I thought to myself. When I walked back downstairs I saw Brooke looking around with tears in her eyes. When she saw Deena she started walking towards her, but then some guy grabbed her. She said something & looked scared. I started walking over to them but he pulled her into a big crowd. Crap. Lost them. I saw Mike grinding with some girls & walked over to him. "Aye! You seen Brooke?" I yelled over the music. He shook his head 'No' & kept dancing. I was walking around when I saw Deena. "Have you seen Brooke?" She shook her head 'no' I turned to & kept looking. I went out side to the table area & saw Brooke. She was walking away from a guy. He looked really upset & he was grabbing her, "No! Stop! Let go of me!" She said. He raised his hand & hit her. All I heard was her scream & fire in my eyes. I walked up to him & punched him in the face. "DON'T YOU EVER PUT YOUR HANDS ON HER!" I yelled. I walked over to Brooke to help her when the guy came over & kicked me in the face. Its on now.

~ End Of POV ~

"No! Stop! Let go of me!" I yelled & after that my face hurt & I hit the floor. I looked up & saw Pauly punch him in the face. My head had hit the corner of the table & my arm got cut on some broken shot glasses. "DON'T YOU EVER PUT YOUR HANDS ON HER!" Pauly yelled sending the guy into a table & on the floor. He came over to help me, when the drunk guy got up he kicked Pauly in the face. I started yelling at him to stop. No one listened so I got up & went to find the guys, I saw Ronnie & Sam at the bar so I went to them first, "Ronnie!-" I said crying "Brooke what's wrong?!" Ronnie said. "Pauly needs help. Ronnie go. Outside in the table area!" Ronnie ran to go help Pauly. Sam looked at me "What the hell happened to your face?!" "Some guy hit me-" I told her crying "and now him & Pauly are fighting" I said hyperventilating.

I looked & saw security taking Ronnie & Pauly outside & the other guy out the back. "Let's go." Sam said grabbimg her stuff & leading me outside. I was still crying when Sam said "Stay here with Ron, I'll get the rest of the group." Ron put his arm around my shoulder trying to calm me down. "Brooke calm down. Its ok. We're leaving." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath but it didn't really help. "Where's Pauly?" I asked as we waited. "He went home, he needed to calm down." Ron said. Sam & the group came out & immediately we got interrogated with questions, I explained everything and we started walking home.

When we got home, I went straight upstairs to my room grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom. I took off my outfit, changed into a pair of Spanx & a tank top, then took off my make up. I wiped the cut on my forehead and I placed my arm on the counter. I felt a sharp pain, I looked at my arm & saw a few glass pieces. I grabbed some tweezers from the bathroom drawer & plucked the pieces out. I wiped my arm then went back to my room. I put my hair in a messy bun, laid down & cried.

I'd never been in a situation like that before and the only time I've seen it was on t.v. I knew things like that happen all the time to certain people but to know it happens and then have it happen to you are TOTALLY different.

Flashbacks played in my head & I started to want to go home. There was a knock at the door, I assumed it was Deena just grabbing something because I heard the door open then close. I was wrong because there was a weight that sunk into my bed. I turned over & saw Pauly.

~ Pauly's POV ~

After the club situation I left to blow off steam. Ronnie jumped into the fight but security threw us both out. I guess he stayed back to get the group. I ended up walking the boardwalk & then home. By time I got home the group was already there because I heard them talking & drinking whatever we had at home. When I walked into the house & walked towards everyone in the kitchen. "What the fuck happened to your forehead bro?!" Mike asked me wide eyed. I touched my forehead & felt a sting. I looked at my fingers & saw blood. I grabbed a paper towel & dabbed it on my head. "Yeah. What the hell happened at Karma?" Jenny asked sounding irritated. "Some guy kept grabbing on Brooke and when she went to walk away he hit her.. So I jumped in an kicked his ass. He threw in a cheap shot though when I turned to help Brooke but that's when Ronnie showed up to help.. and well security threw us out." I explain still pissed off. I looked around & didn't see Brooke. "Where's Brooke?" I asked. "Upstairs.." Sammi said. I started walking towards the stairs. When I got to Brooke's door it was closed & I couldn't hear anything. I opened the door as quietly as possible & closed it. She didn't move so I thought she was sleeping, until I heard her sniffle. I walked over to her bed & sat next to her. She turned over & looked at me. Her eyes & cheeks were puffy from crying so much. "Hey..." I said whispering. "H-hi" she stuttered.

Me - Are you okay?

She nodded her head. Trying to hold back the tears that start overly flowing her face. I cuddled into her and grabbed her and rocked her.

Brooke - How's your head?

Me - I'm fine, just worried about you..

She smiled for a second but it faded.

Brooke - Your head. Its bleeding.

Me - Its just a scratch Ill be fine. Im just worried about you.

Brooke - I'm sorry... For what happened.

Me - Don't be sorry. I jumped in. I had to make sure you were safe. It was my choice. As long as you're okay, I'm okay.

She nodded her head & sniffled. I wiped her tears. I kissed her forehead "Goodnight Brooke. Get some sleep sweetheart." "W-wait..-" she said. I turned and waited for her to finish. "can you lay with me tonight?" She asked moving her blanket revealing an empty space. I nodded "Let me go change. I'll be right back."

I walked downstairs, almost immediately got asked if Brooke was ok. I nodded my head and said "Just shooken up. But she'll be okay." I walked into my room changed and headed back upstairs. I walked in & she was asleep. I slid in bed next to her & covered us both with the blanket, she turned over and cuddled into my chest. I kissed her head & wrapped my arm around her, pulling her closer & giving her that secure feeling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N ~ Sorry For The Long Chapter.. I was thinking of putting it into 2 parts but I didn't know if I should. But there will be long & short parts to the book.