15

~ Ronnie's POV ~

I was re-stocking the shirt racks when I looked up and saw Pauly talking to Brooke. She was looking down, and when Pauly moved closer she backed away and went to the back. He looked hurt. I felt really bad. It was suppose to be a test. It was go see if Brooke was as serious about Pauly as he is about her.

I had to make this right. I walked back there to talk to her. When I went to turn into the back room she was turning out, so we bumped into each other. "Uh hey, can I talk to you?" I asked her. She looked over my shoulder at the front. "It'll only take a second." I stated. She was hesitant but then agreed.

Brooke - Okay.. What?

Me - Look Brooke. About last night. Paul-

Brooke - I don't wanna hear it.

Me - Brooke, please. I need to make things right. It was my fault. I had a stupid idea that made sense at first but caused a lot of damage in the end. Let me explain. You should be mad at me. NOT Pauly.

I was begging as the point. She exhaled and then shook her head.

Brooke - Two minutes..

Me - Okay Vinny & I were talking about you & Pauly last night at dinner. Everyone was saying to guys we're together. But knowing Pauly he would've told us. So I was telling everyone you guys weren't. When we got home I went into Pauly's room with Vinny. He was up and putting on a shirt. We told him about the conversation and he said he liked you A LOT, but wasn't sure how much you liked him. So we came up with a plan. Vinny & I were suppose to ask the question we asked. Pauly gave the answer he gave and depending on how you reacted would let us know how you really felt.After you walked upstairs Vinny said "I think she's hurt" Pauly & I thought you went upstairs to think & would come back down to talk to him, when Sam went & talked to him.. He had NO IDEA you were crying, that's why he rushed to your room. I'm so sorry Brooke. Our intentions weren't to hurt you. Be mad at me, not Pauly. He really does like you. Trust me.

She started to sniffle & I saw a tear slide down her face."I'm sorry" I said again. She didn't say anything. She just stared at the ground & then walked out.

Damn.