14

I woke up the next mornimg to the irritating alarm sound. I didn't get much sleep last night. My eyes hurt from crying & my nose was so stuffy it was hard to breath. I rolled out of bed & walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

I took a 15 minute shower & then got out. I put my work uniform on, did my hair, light make up & waited for the rest of the people to be ready. I walked downstairs & saw Pauly in his work uniform...Today was not going to be a good day. Pauly was fixing his shirt when he looked up. I looked at him for a second and them rolled my eyes. "Hey.." he said. I rolled my eyes and headed out.

When I got to the shop Danny looked at me confused. "You still have a good hour before you have to work." He said to me while I clocked in. "Just wanna get a jump start on everything." I stated dryly. "Are you ok?" "I'm fine." He gave me a longing look and walked to the back. I sighed an got the store ready.

I put out all the 'Daily Sales' & 'Hottest Designs' signs. I assembled the mannequins and put them throughout the store in there places. Danny walked over and helped me dress the mannequins.

"DANNY!!" Jwow said with her hands in the air. "Jwow!!" Danny said matching her excitement. "Hey babes, ready for today?" She said coming walking to go clock in. I shrugged my shoulders & turned towards the cash register. I turned everything on & got ready for my day. A few minutes later Pauly, Vinny, & Ronnie walked in. "Aye boss." Vinny said giving Danny a High Five. Danny assigned Jwow & Vinny to the designed station, Ronnie to re-stocking the racks. This means Pauly & I are working the register.. Together.

I wasn't happy, but I couldn't let this affect my work performance. "Hi...." Pauly said hesitantly. I looked at him from the corner of my eye & continued setting up & wiping down the counters. "Look, what happened last night was bad. REALLY REALLY Bad. I need to explain myself. So I was thinking after work.. We could.. Maybe walk the boardwalk & talk?" He asked with a pleading voice.

"Ill pass.." I said brushing him off. Pauly looked hurt. I rolled my eyes and finished my prior activity. "I'm sorry. It wasn't suppose to go down like that.." He started with a cracking voice. I could tell he was on the edge of crying, but I didn't care. "But it did.." I replied looking down at the floor letting a tear slide down my face. He moved closer and tried to put his hand on the small of my back. "Pauly stop... Were done." I said stepping away.

I grabbed the cleaning supplies & took them to the back. I put them into the bottom cabinet, wioed the tear and stood back up. When I turned around I bumped into Ronnie. "Uh hey, can I talk to you?" He asked.