30.

** Next morning **
I woke up next to Pauly. I still wasn't sure about the whole Delilah being his sister thing because of the message she left, but I'm trusting Pauly.

I got up and walked out of the room. I headed towards the kitchen to make some cereal. Mike came into the kitchen with his work shirt on. "You not working today?" He asked confused. "No I am, I was just eating some cereal." I said getting up and going to get ready.

** At Work **
It was pretty slow today but that's the way we like it. "Back to work. Stop day dreaming." Danny said laughing. "Yes, because there is a line out the door." Mike said smiling. As soon as he said that a group girls walked in. "Thanks Mike. That is Danny." I said playfully rolling my eyes. The group if girls were talking about something and laughing. They seemed to be in their early/mid twenties. I walked up to them and said "Hi, my names Brooke. Can I help you find anything today?" They looked at me and a blonde girl spoke. "Ummm.. Yeah? Were looking for a bridal shower shirt." I nodded my head. "Alright, do you know the type of shirt? Or the style?" They looked at me confused and shook their heads.

I laughed a little to myself. "Okay, I'm going to send you over to Mike. He's going to show you the designs and fonts we have. And once you pick what you like, he will send you over to Dena and I to help with the type and style of the shirt. Then Jenny over there will work her magic." I told the girls pointing to each person and their station.

The girls nodded and went towards Mike. It took about and hour for them to decide on the font and print design/layout. They finally picked out the t shirt type and style and then we sent them to Jenny.

** After Work **

"I still can't believe it took them 3½ hours to pick out 6 shirts with the same thing on it." Dena said. Mike, Jenny & I just rolled our eyes in agreement. When we got home the rest of the house mates were chillin doing their own thing. I went upstairs and changed into some heather gray spanx with a matching sports bra and a baby pink zip up jacket. I walked downstairs and sat at the table.

"You good?" Ronnie asked snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up and nodded my head, which didn't convince him. "Why are you lying?" He said. I exhaled and looked down. "C'monn" he said I got up and headed outside with him.

"Ronn-" "No. What's wrong Brooke?" He said cutting me off. I walked and sat on the chairs we had on the patio. "Pauly and Delilah..." I said. "She called and when I told her he wasn't able to come to the phone and asked to take a message, the message was..  Suspect. Like big time." I started to get emotional. "Pauly said it wasn't like that & their like siblings. I want to believe him, but like... I don't know. It was just weird." I looked at Ronnie and he had this of angry mixed with the look of guilt. Like he was sorry for me. "Ron?" I said. He looked away and just said "All I cam say is, if you feel something in your gut, follow it. Your gut is always right." He said.

I thought about what he said, and nodded my head. "I'm gonna head I side and get some beer. Want one?" He asked. I shook my head no and with that, he was gone. It was weird because usually Ronnie would've said something like 'Well, Pauly has never given you a reason to doubt him, right?' Or something about Him & Pauly being close and he knows Pauly wouldn't. Ronnie's response threw me off a little,  but it was true. Your gut feeling is always right.

'Everything in the dark, comes to light eventually' I thought to myself. "Yeah eventually. But I'm not gonna wait around and get hurt." I said out loud to myself and went inside.