Chapter 17

• Dedicated to All who wish me luck on Finals:)

You're going to love this chapter so you might as well vote now ;)

_ _ _ _ _

Mari's P.O.V

Zach's eyes were barely open when I stood in front of them after my little chat with Max. He struggled under Samuel, who had just jumped on him out of the excitement of finally seeing him. I smiled lightly, things were getting better- at least a little bit. Since Zach was now here, all there was left to do was to kill Ray. It's not an easy task, but I was counting on Max.

I almost giggled as Adam pulled Sam off of poor Zach, who was currently... laying in his own puddle of blood. My eyes widened and I panicked, the first thing I had to do now was just find some clothes. Without a word to the boys, I ran into the trees and sniffed around.

I only had to trek a few feet before actually finding what I was looking for. I sighed in relief and just couldn't believe my luck. I have clothes! Shifting quickly, I threw on the shorts and t-shirt I found. They were a girl's belongings- yeah, I am just that lucky.

Running out of the woods, Adam's and Sam's attention was still on Zach, as if they hadn't noticed I even left. What great pack members and friends I have. Moving closer to them, I pushed away Adam and Sam, turning to look at Zach. His eyes were no longer open and I knew he probably passed out from all the pain he still felt. I gritted my teeth and slowly started to take his soaked bloody shirt off of his body. I made sure not to look at his gruesome wounds too long or touch them.

When I was finished, I looked up to see Adam and Sam just blankly staring down at me. I narrowed my eyes on them in annoyance, “Aren't you guys going to help?” I snapped and glanced at Zach.

All we had to do was get him to somewhere that had a lake or even a stream. We needed to wash away all of his cuts, so that it would relieve the pain and also so it would clean off all the blood on him. The mission was going to be difficult, considering that there might be wolves from Ray's pack that might be hiding somewhere nearby. But the good thing was that, I knew Zach couldn't be so heavy. Adam or Sam could easily carry him on their own and when some sneak attack comes, it would be me and one of the boys to fight them off, while the other gets Zach to safety.

“Alright guys, here's what we are going to do...” I trailed when both of them bent forward to listen to the plan.

* * *

There was no danger that lurked in the darkness of the woods. We each kept an eye out for any suspicious movement and used our senses to listen for it. So far everything was good. There was no Ray, Jessica, Blake or any other pack members to be seen. Not even our own.

“Where is everybody?” Samuel asked, confused. It seems like we've been walking forever, but really it hasn't.

“No idea. But don't worry about that. Worry about getting Zach to shelter.” Adam responded, him being the one in charge here, we all nodded in agreement. Once again, it was a silent walk for the search of a nearby stream. I sighed softly to myself, just wondering when we might find something. Something useful.

It hadn't been more than five minutes when Adam abruptly paused his footsteps, all of us mimicking his movement. I gazed at him in bewilderment and then glanced at a slumbering Zach that was being held on his shoulder. Nothing seemed to be wrong.