Chapter 18

I've reached my top goal of fans: 500. I appreciate it guys, to say I am amazed would be an understatement. I really don't know who to dedicate chapters to anymore, so I am going to just dedicate it to my readers. You guys are awesome and you deserve it :). ~never thought I would come this far~

– – – –

Everyone had an opponent. Adam fought Blake, Max fought Ray and here I was, about to pounce on Jessica. It was officially round two for Jessica and I- I had won round one. That was clear.

Jessica glared at me murderously, her eyes as black as night. I narrowed my eyes on her. I was mad too, angry actually, but Jessica was pissed. There seemed to be another emotion that flashed in her dark eyes. Jealousy. For what? I had no idea, really- what did I have that she wanted or envied me for?

She began to circle me and every few seconds, she would try to nip at my heels. Every time she did though, I would growl. My wolf snarled in annoyance. She didn't like the way Jessica was playing with us. She felt trapped.

Yet, my growls didn't even make Jessica flinch.

'I'll show her. I'll show her that she shouldn't mess around with someone that is at a much higher rank than she is.' My wolf snapped. When she had fully taken over, I made no move to stop her. I felt all of the full power my wolf had and join with mine. My size seemed much bigger and Jessica looked like a mere dog compared to me. I chuckled with no humor, it sound more like a growl though.

The match between Jessica and I was no fun and games anymore. Jessica would finally get what she deserved by the end of the fight. My wolf grinned in agreement. When Jessica had tried to nip at my heels again, I swooped in to bite down on her nuzzle with my jaws.

Whimpering, she tried to reel back from me, but it wasn't working. In fact, it seemed to make it worse. I bit down harder, until I could taste the familiar metallic taste of blood. My wolf growled in satisfaction of making her bleed. That she was the first one to get hurt.

I let go of her and began to circle around her like she did to me. What a stupid wolf. She growled at me, which made my own wolf boil in rage. I saw an open spot to jump in and tackled her to the floor. Jessica struggled and tried to kick me off of her, but it just wasn't happening.

Just when I was about to chomp down on her neck, I hesitated.

'What are you doing?' My wolf demanded with impatience.

'This death is too quick. I want her to suffer.' I didn't know what came over me. It was like a switch. One moment I was caring and sweet, the next thing I know, I am on the dark side, wanting nothing but to see blood loss from my opponent.

Moving away from her next in a fast motion, I aimed for her stomach. Clamping my jaws down, somewhere in the distance I heard her cry out in agony. I smirked and picked other places to claw at and bite. I couldn't hear anything any more, all I could do was grin maliciously and kept biting and biting.

I went to bite for more, I wanted more. My sharp teeth just wanted something to chew on. Instead of tasting something metallic though, I tasted something vulgar and so disgusting. Wrinkling up my nose, I spat it out. When the brown contents came out, I realized that it was dirt that I had a mouth full of.