Chapter 26

Dedicated Vampire0demon0girl0 for being the an awesome fan <3 ur awesome and very funny!! So funny, I almost fell off my bed! So here is the new chapter, Enjoy!

=== === ===

“Please,” Drey started, tears starting to form in his eyes, “I-I wasn't apart of this, I didn't want to do it. I was made to.. Plea-” Before he the guy could plead any more for Max's forgiveness, the room went silent except for a loud crack that filled everyone's ears.

I winced, looking over the scene in front of me. I had to squeeze my eyes shut for a second, then open them. By the 'Must Kill' look that was still on Max's face, I could tell that he had enough of the bull-sh*t for today. His eyes were a pitch black and until Max killed the next intruder, I knew I probably wouldn't be able to stop him from doing so. Not like I wanted to anyways.

'Yes... One down, Another to go.' My wolf hissed. I agreed with her.

Then Max voiced my thoughts, “You see that dead pack mate that lies before your feet?” We watched how Trevor whimpered, now looking quite feared for his own life. Now he didn't look so tough anymore. He thought he could try to kill me, and get away with our documents? That's a big No-No. It was another one of Ray's non-logical plans that would never work. “Well that's going to be you in a couple seconds. Along with your other pack mate who is probably hiding around here somewhere...” Max trailed glancing around the room with a growl.

I gasped, knowing that he was talking about River. River did nothing! He was completely innocent. I know I was wrong about other people being innocent and turning out to be different, but this was something else. I knew that River would never agree to such a stupid plan. On the night of pack run, River had told me he loved this pack and from that night on would always be loyal to us. His eyes had shown me the sincerity of his word.

In front of me, Max snarled and lunged for Trevor. Trevor's eyes widened and in a split second, he jumped straight out of the window. Glass shards flew everywhere, and a sudden pain filled my stomach area. On instinct, my hands flew to my belly, and felt hot liquid pour onto them. I tried to scream when I looked down and saw how deep the glass was, but no sound came out. The stinging feeling I had, grew when I tried to pull out the glass. I hissed, yelling in my mind, bad idea, bad idea.

I fell to the floor on my knees, the tiny sharp pieces of glass that was on the carpet, sunk into them. I was too shocked to do anything besides gasping at the pain from my stomach. It might have hit something, I don't know. But I won't stop bleeding.

A large shadow casted over me and I looked up to see Max with concern in his bright blue eyes when he saw me kneeling on the floor. His eyes were no longer black, meaning his wolf was not in control anymore. The puzzlement must have been like an open book on my face, because Max spoke softly to me.

“Don't worry Mari... I got him. I got the documents.” I smiled, and moved my hands away from my wound. As soon as I did though, more shots of pain filled the lower half of my body. I moaned and that was when salty tears slipped out from my eyes and down my cheeks. Max's eyebrows furrowed and his eyes traveled down to where my hands used to be. Seeing the blood, that still flowed out of my stomach, blinding rage went like a current through his whole body.

“WHAT HAPPENED? OH GOD MARI, YOUR HURT!” Max screamed and as he analyzed my wound, I thought he was going to cry. That was until he turned me around gently and I heard him suck in a sharp breath. “Oh no.... Oh no. OH-” He slammed his fist on the ground, then looked back at me. “This is all my fault!” Max exclaimed, so much concern in his eyes.