Chapter 28

ENJOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

===== ====== =====

Max's P.O.V

===== ====== =====

“So you're telling me, that you love someone else!?” My mate screamed. Hearing her say that, I winced. It was true though. I actually loved Mari. I fucking love her. If only I could say those words to her right now... Just to see her reaction. Did she love me back?

My gaze swept over the woman in front of me. Her pin straight brown hair fell mid back and her mud brown eyes sparkled every time she looked at me. The way her long tanned legs looked in the tight skirt she wore would make any man drop on his knees.

“Yes,” That was all I could say to her, because what else was there? I had another woman, and I didn't need another one. Although the one in front of me was my destined mate, I can't help but think that the blonde lying unconscious upstairs was destined for me too. There was something about Mari from the start, that took my breath away. As soon as we became closer, I felt as if nothing could tear us apart. I know now, that I can't possible live without her.

My thoughts of my love for Marielle disappeared when I saw that my mate has started to cry. One by one tears poured out of her eyes. I clenched my jaw not knowing what to do. I was never one to know what to do when a girl cried.

Without realizing my hand went out to reach for her face, to wipe away all of her tears. “I'm...I'm sorry.” I whispered in her hair as I became close enough. I then soothed her in my arms, as she sobbed into my shirt.

“W-What am I supposed to do?” I went silent trying to listen to her words, through all of her sobs, “I-I'm just a rogue! All these y-years I've been trying to find you.. now that I did, I get rejected?”

I stood there frozen. Rogue? Years? …. Rejected? It was then that realization hit me. I basically was rejecting my mate, wasn't I? I felt as if my heart sunk deep into my stomach, as guilt filled it. Did the woman in front of me, really look for her mate for years? How did she become a rogue? Why? Too many questions clamored inside of my head, that made me growl. This was so much to handle!

I loved Marielle, my princess... but what was I going to do with my mate? How could I reject her after all the things she has gone through? Just like Mari, she is a rogue. Mari was rejected and now would I look like Ray who was the one who broke Mari's heart?

I sighed into my mate's hair, who I noticed calmed down some. I knew that I did have to reject her. But maybe I could take her in for a couple days and then bring the news down on her. It all seems like a plan, and hopefully Mari wouldn't wake up to see my mate inside of the house.

“Okay... I've decided something..” I said quietly, and my voice made my mate's head snap up. Her brown eyes were a little red from crying, but she still managed to look pretty.

“Y-yeah?” She stuttered in a small voice. I had to stop myself from staring at her too long.

“You can stay... for a few days..”

“You.. Are you going to reject me?”