*Part 8*

__________________________
It's better to feel pain than nothing at all.
~Unknown
_________________________

Running upstairs, I turn around and see Damien standing there with a poker face.
No emotion at all. Blocked off from the harsh world that is him. Mean while I know nothing of how to hide my emotions.

Crying, I shut my bedroom door.

And with a loud bang I sink to the floor like a submarine would into the sea.

Cuddling my knees I think back to the harsh words Damien; shouted at me.

I really can't believe he would say something that mean. Did I push him that far? Or is he someone that doesn't need to be pushed at all, in order to tip over the edge?

Filthy un- needed excuse of a human.

Skin of a peasant.

All his evil words echoed through my head. Tapping and searching in order to reach my already broken heart.

And thing is he warned me.

He said 'stay clear of me.'

That right there is the most painful thing about the whole situation.

He warned me. But I didn't listen. All those, obnoxious reminders were nothing but the pass of the wind to me at the time.

But trust me when I say, from now I well listen to him- and stay away. I will not allow myself to be hurt.

Feelings of anger and confusion mix in one, as a recipe for a disaster- that is me.

"Amber..." Shaking my head at the voice I continued resting my head on my knees. "Amber, it's me- Maria. Open the door." She whispered.

I thought she was knock out drunk!

"Amber you still there?" She said, banging on my door.

"Yes. Yes I am." I hear a shuffling noise behind the door after I spoke. But the it remanded quite after.

"What happened tonight?" She whispered.

"I don't even know myself Maria. I don't know." Pushing my brown curls behind my ear, I sit up against the door.

"I'm sorry I left you. I don't usually drink like that, I don't know what got into me tonight Amber." Maria said in an apologetic voice.

"It's fine." I said moving on quickly "but how are you up now? I thought you were drunk?" Unless she's got some supernatural power that I don't know about. Someone can't just be drunk and then not drunk the next moment.

"Ha, that's a funny story. That I can tell you tomorrow morning." She yawned outside my door. I should let her in, I mean it wouldn't be such a bad thing to have some girl company; especially after what happened.

"Maria do you want to come in?" I asks, my eyes slowly starting to become lazy.

"You finally asked. Yes please, girl needs some sleep." After she said that, I got off the floor and opened the door, I'm presented with a makeup sneered and tired Maria. "Let's sleep." She says tugging on my arm to bring me to bed.

Once we are all snuggled in she slowly turned her head to look at me. "Amber are you okay, after tonight?" She whispered.

If okay means, keeping a smile on your face even though your tired of fighting. Then....