Part 44

Chided by that silence of a hush sublime
Blind to the purpose of the brute divine
But you were mine
~Hozier
****~*****
Vote
Comment
Share
🌸Pretty please 🌸

EXTRA LONG CHAPTER-
❤️❤️❤️❤️SEE I LOVE YOU GUYS ❤️❤️❤️

Wednesday came around faster than expected.

With time rushing around me and I just standing still watching everything around me move with great zest.

I have been more distracted than I would like to admit with the fact that every time I turn on my TV all I see is Damien and Maria's face.

I'm not going to lie, the shock from hearing about Maria and Damien expecting surprised me.

Would Maria even make a good mother?

Probably not.

Damien however, I'm sure he will be a fantastic father as much as I hate to admit it.

I remember once going out with Damien to go get some stuff for the house (at the time I stayed with him.

I can still picture the way his blue eyes opened up in bewilderment at the sight of a toddler running to keep up with his father; his small legs hardly making any progress.

Damien's eyes seemed to widen and a small smile lit his immaculate face. 

Damien looked at that child and then looked at my stomach.

My 17 year old self, felt an instant gathering of butterflies flying and floating through her stomach in that moment. Butterflies that always seemed to fly back to my heart.

Those butterflies are now dead.

"Ms Williams, the makeup stock has been sent to Australia and the branch in France have agreed to your requirements."  I look up at my assistant, and smile at her words.

"That's great! We have been chasing them down for a while now."

"Yeah, this is going to be good for the company." I nod at her words, still smiling.

"Well, you can go home now Esther. I'm sure your husband wants to see you." She blushes at my words and I giggle.

She's a newlywed, and her husband can't  keep his hands off her.

Once I even caught him sneaking into the office to have a snogging session.

I shake my head at the memory, love is most definitely sweet.

"Thank you Ms Williams, see you tomorrow." She smiles.

"See you then." When she leaves, I too collect all my stuff and get ready to go home.

I quicken my pace considering that Kaleb finishes work at 4:30 and he is picking me up for 5:00 at my house.

When I get home the first place I go to is the bathroom, letting the warm droplets of water beat at my skin until the tip of my fingers wrinkle.

I then go into my closet pull out my black skinny jeans and a white off the shoulder shirt. I apply minimal makeup and put on my white platform heels.

Looking at my body in the full length mirror, I shrug.

This, my good friend, is as good as it gets.

And damn it I will would be a liar if I said I wasn't a SNACK and a Half!