Part 41

You don't have to change a thing, the world can change its heart.
~Alessia Cara
___________________________
Vote
Share
Comment
🌸Pretty please🌸

Ambers point of view:

I have been trying not to leave my tent, based surely on the fact that I do not desire to see Damien and his wife all lovey, dovey.

I'm sure she's in love with him and he her, I mean come on, 5 years in matrimony! It's a wonder how he hasn't got her pregnant yet.

It's almost as if my past is haunting me, it's as if they are both haunting me.

Groaning, I finally get up and leave the tent. The sun graces my face and the tree leafs dance in the wind, a person would think that nothing has changed. However the shift of atmosphere is clear to see.

Kaleb pops out of no where. "So he's married, huh?"

"Yeah." Smiling he puts arm around my neck and pulls me against his firm body.

"Does that mean you're a free agent?"

"As free as I can be." He's mouth stretches out into a smile and he pulls me closer.

"Good." Before I can respond Maria comes out, she's wearing one of Damien's big hoody's and her hair is tied back into a messy bun.

The fact that she is wearing Damien's hoody doesn't hurt me.

It doesn't hurt me.

It doesn't hurt me.

Bloody hell, it hurts me.

I wince as I see her beautiful tan skin glow in the light as she advances towards me. She's glowing. Radiantly glowing.

If I was petty, I would say she looks ugly. But the woman looks gorgeous! The years apart clearly complimented her.

You mean the plastic surgery, complimented her.

"Maria." She smile's at me her face not viscous nor showing conniving traits.

Good actress.

She walks towards me and opens her arms. I raise my eyebrows.

"Come give me a hug lovely, it's been too long."

Not long enough...

"I'm okay, thank you for the suggestion however." Her face drops the façade slips for a moment.

"You don't want to give  your best friend a hug? Wow, that's a bit cold." 

Ignoring her I turn to Kaleb. "Do you want to go to the shopping centre now? So that I can get my stuff for the climbing thing we are going to do, or no?" Kaleb turns to look at me and I smile.

His face seems to look confused by the exchange between me and Maria, but I give him a pleading look that disparately tells him that will explain things to him.

"Yeah, let me go and get some cash." I nod and watch him leave, and immediately Maria puts her self in action.

My eyes widen as I watch her grip onto my arm and pull me towards her, her eyes are not the brown that I first saw when I met her, instead they are a malevolent black. She looks pure evil.