Part 42

Ever seen a devil with a halo? Ever seen an angel with wounds?
G-Eazy
*****************************************
Vote
Comment
Like
🌸If you like the book🌸

PERVIOUSLY ON 6O DWDB:
If Damien states the woman he talking about is Maria and not me, I completely let him go. And this time for good.

If he chooses her over me again, I'm through.

Oh Damien, say me! Pick me, say my name.

Please.
-----------
Silence seems to elope us into a subliminal ultra universe as me and Maria anxiously await his response.

Hell, I don't know why I want him to claim me as his so badly! Taking into consideration that I have been trying to get him to let me go for a while now.

But I can't help but feel that this moment can either draw me in like a moth to a light, or make me crawl into myself like a retrieving slug.

"So? Come on baby, who you speaking about." Maria huffs, pushing her hand onto her hip and throwing an unease look his way.

My heart beats as I watch him look at me, his jaw clenching and unclenching, his dominate body tense with anger, jealously and hatred for Kaleb's challenging.

"Baby? What woman are you talking about?" Maria all but shouts. That seems to break the fragments of time in which Damien took to make up his mind.

He raises his head and looks straight into my eyes and says "You."

Oh my god! He chose me, I can't believe he chose me! I slowly move away from Kaleb and attempt to take a step towards Damien. To embrace him, to kiss him, to-

"I'm talking about you Maria, you're my woman." Huh?

Confusion takes over my body in heaps. Wait what?

"Oh baby, I know that." Maria laughs and slings her hands around his neck. "We both know." Damien's eyes widen and he turns to me looking scared and almost frightened.

But I can't even bare to look at him, he makes me sick.

To think that if he had said my name I would drop everything he has done and forgive him is just.. ugh I hate him.

All the hope and aspirations held for him and I has disappeared into thin air.

And now all that remains is an empty land with scattered words of sweet nothings that he has told me.

It's over. No matter what Damien tells me, I will never be with him.

I need to promise myself this, otherwise I will be consumed into another tempest in which he plays the role of the waves consuming me in the most violent and detrimental way imaginable.

"I think it's time for bed." Kaleb whispers quietly in my ear.

I nod.

Motionless.

"Goodnight, Kaleb." Maria says, a sly smirk laying on her face as she rests her head on Damien's chest.