5. Picture

Posted 7:30 pm

Matthew: Nothing here in Paris is picture perfect.

*Love, Leah Marie Thompson*

As the lights shut back off and the passengers started calming down, my kidnappers threw me out of my seat and lifted me.

We walked down the isle of the airplane and I saw Ben's head peaking over the seat. The men stopped me in front of him and he looked over at me.

I probably looked like a wreck. I had dried blood all over my face and hands from the effort, but my captors were as clean as could be. I had tried to fight the men but they outnumbered me 2-1 and they were a lot stronger than me.

It also didn't help that I had duct tape around my wrists, ankles, and covering my mouth.

I was crying and very scared. Ben stood up and the gun was pushed harder to my head.

"Let me talk to her." Ben pleaded.

"Sit down." The man with the gun said. Ben sat down and the man shoved me into their row of seats.

I watched as the gunman grabbed a flight attendant and went back to the back of the plane.

I put my head in Ben's lap and  he took the duct tape off of my mouth. I hugged him.

"Kendall, about what you said before I ran away from you and before you were kidnapped, I love you and I got you something."

He pulled out a beautiful heart necklace out of his pocket and on the back was my favorite quote, Veni, Vidi, Amavi.

"Ben it's perfect!" I said as I hugged him. "I love you, but next time maybe take me with you to get the necklace or tell Matt or something."

"Who is this?" I asked pointing at the girl sitting next to Matt.

"Hello." She said, "I'm Adeline, but these two decided to call me Addie. I'm from a city outside of Paris and I'm going to help translate for you once you get to France."

"Okay." I said as I shook Addie's hand, "It's nice to meet you, I'm Kendall."

"Nice to finally meet this Kendall I've hear so much about you from Ben and Matthew."

"Matthew?" I laughed, "No one calls him that except maybe his mom."

"Oh well I like it so I'm going to keep calling him by his full name."

"That's fine. I just wanted to let you know." I said.

The plane made an emergency landing and we were told to stay put. I had to give the cops a police report and then the two men were arrested.

Soon Matt woke and he and Adeline moved back a row of seats so I could have a seat next to Ben. I put my head on his shoulder and started to cry.

Ben stroked my hair as I wiped my tears from my eyes. "Kendall what can I do for you?" He asked.

"Ben you don't have to do anything for me. Just being here with you is enough." I said.

"It isn't enough for me." He said as he examined the necklace that he had given to me.

"Ben," I said as I pointed to the necklace, "This is the most amazing gift you could have given me." I put my hand over his and we held the necklace together.