10. Daytrip

*Matt's POV*

Addie drove us to the small town of Alfortville, France. I have no idea why we had to leave Paris and go so far away just for dinner, but hey, if it's Addie's favorite I don't have a problem going as far as it takes to make her happy.

She said that I was very a romantic type of guy and I don't know how that ever happened because I've never had a girlfriend or anything. I guess being a gentleman comes naturally to me, not that anyone's complaining.

Addie seemed to be driving in the middle of nowhere and I was starting to get nervous.

"Addie? Do you actually know where you are taking me? This is in the middle of absolutely nowhere and I'm getting nervous."

"Matthew, calm yourself. Of course I know where I'm going. I grew up here in France. Actually Alfortville is my hometown." Addie explained as she turned right into a dirt road.

"Really? Well I'm sorry that I ever doubted you. You probably know where you are going if you grew up here. How come I never knew what town you grew up in?"

"Because I usually don't go around and tell random Americans where I live. That's borderline creepy. No wait that is creepy."

"Sorry. I'm kind of new to this whole dating thing. What are we supposed to talk about on a first date?"

"Well usually people talk a lot about what they do and who they are, but I just heard pretty much your whole life story so I guess it's my turn." Addie said.

"Yeah I guess you're right." I responded.

"Well, I grew up here in Alfortville and never really left because I'm still in high school and all. I decided that I wanted to travel the world and my first trip was to America. That's why I was in America when you and Ben were looking for Kendall.

Anyways I'm getting ahead of myself, my family is really close and we all get along pretty well." Adeline stated as she looked over at me.

"We always try to communicate good with each other and it works out great for our huge family.

Now enough about my family and more about me. I am a junior in high school and I live at home. I don't have a job and I love to bake. My dream job would be to open a bakery and run it myself." She said without taking a breath.

"Addie, chill. Talk slower we have time don't we." I said looking around. We were stopped and I didn't notice for a while. I was just awed by the beautiful little pond tucked away from the road in a winding, cracked sidewalk. "Addie are we having a date here?" I asked, with an awe tone.

Addie shook her head yes and I unbuckled my seat belt and reached over to hug her. She hugged me back and soon after the hug we got out of the car and I ran around to get her.

"Why did we need to dress up for this?" I asked her looking at her up and down with a quick glance.

"Awe, honey, this is only the first part of the date. There is much more to it than going to a pond. Just you wait and see."

When I couldn't take it anymore I took Addie's hand and pulled her behind me toward the pond.

On the pond I saw a small rowboat. I helped Addie get inside and settled in before I took the oars and started moving us through the lake, effortlessly.