Chapter Ten

K A T E ' S P O V

"So, how are you this week? Anything new happen to you?" Mia asks with a sweet smile as she sits across from me. The small therapy office doesn't seem to be closing in on me as usual. I'm actually a bit refreshed to be here for a change.

"No, not much is different since last week." I shrug back, trying to think of something that's happened to me since the last time I was in her office.

"Lena brought her boyfriend over a few nights ago and they hung out at the dorm for a little bit. I didn't talk very much, though. I felt weird being a third wheel." My fingers tap gently against my jean-clad legs while Mia continues to stare at me. She's usually quite helpful for when I want to vent, but sometimes I'll say something and she won't say anything. It's uncomfortable and makes me feel obligated to say more even when I have nothing else to say.

"I also hung out with a friend the other night." I add. My thoughts run back to Friday night when I spent it naked in Professor Styles bed.

"Oh, really? That's certainly different. Where did you meet this friend?" She readjusts her position in her chair while staring at me in surprise.

"I met him at school." She doesn't need to know I know him because he used to be my professor.

"Oh, him? Is it that kind of friend?" She cracks a small smile while I find myself blushing a bit.

"Uh, sorta. It's nothing serious but we've done some... Stuff." I laugh uncomfortably while she does the same.

"Are you being safe? I know you don't have any family here to really talk to about it so I feel a bit obligated to ask..."

"Yeah, we are." I'm not sure if feel awkward talking about it, or a bit riled up just thinking about it.

Harry and I haven't talked much since that night besides him texting me to make sure I got home safely after I left, then him texting me again a few days ago to ask if wanted to meet up again sometime this week. The conversation doesn't necessarily flow with ease between us, but I'm at least happy to hear from him. At least I can know it wasn't just him getting laid and forgetting about me.

"Well, I'm glad to hear you're getting more social. I do want you to keep in mind though, Kate, that kind of relationship is a portion of the reason that you're here in the first place. I'm not saying that you're guilty and I'm not saying that this is the same kind of thing that that was, but I think you need to keep that in mind as your friendship progresses." She scrawls something down on the notebook in her lap while speaking. My happy mood from a few minutes ago has immediately lessened just by the mention of him.

"I think I've got this handled, but thank you. I'll try not to be accused for the murder of this one." I sarcastically roll my eyes and Mia gasps audibly in surprise. I don't feel bad being blunt with her. If there's any sort of reminders that I need in my life, it's certainly not some lady making hundreds of dollars and hour trying to tell me to be careful with who I see because I was falsely accused of murder.

The rest of the session seems to pass by as slow as possible. By the time Mia releases me I feel as though I've been inside for years rather than an hour.

The sun is just beginning to set behind the tall buildings from the mid-afternoon hour. I zip my coat up onto my body quickly, then grab for my phone in my pocket. I'm still slightly fuming over Mia's assumption and need some sort of distraction. I'm about to text Professor Styles, but I'm pleasantly surprised to find there's already a message from him at the top of the screen.

From: Harry

Are you available tonight? I'm going to be doing work late at my office so I'll be on campus. I think it's pretty deserted by now so I might be able to stop by your dorm without seeing too many students.