Chapter Twenty Seven

K A T E ' S P O V

Morning light creeps through the windows and shines against my tightly closed eyelids. I want to block out the rays and fall back to sleep, but I struggle entirely with being able to do so. The reflection of the sun off of the twinkling snow outside makes it twice as bright, if not more.

As I finally force myself out of the confines of the thick comforter, I rub my eyes and look around. The room of the cabin is slightly a mess from Harry and I carelessly littering our clothes on the floor when preparing for bed.

The thought of the alluring man enters my mind and I turn my body to look over at his side of the bed. He remains curled into the thick comforter with his hair flopped over his face, blocking my view completely. I laugh softly as I reach my hand out to brush the unruly strands by my hair. My eyes immediately focus on his rosy cheeks and red nose; he looks like he's been outside in the cold for hours. Only then do I begin to notice how cold I am as well.

Confusion continues to flood my mind as I breathe through my mouth and catch sight of my breath in the air. The room is probably below freezing temperatures. My eyes turn up towards the window and I notice that the main window, along with the two small other windows on the opposite walls are all wide open.

What the hell?

"Harry," I turn over towards him and gently push his shoulder. He doesn't stir in his spot, leaving me to try again.

"Babe, wake up. Did you open the windows?" I lean in closer to him to kiss his forehead and notice that his entire face is ice cold. Concern rises in my mind and I silently pray that he doesn't catch a cold from being exposed to the freezing weather.

"What?" He manages to mumble back, finally gaining the slightest bit of consciousness to stir in his spot.

"All of the windows are open. Did you open them? It's absolutely freezing in here." I rub my hands together as I continue to wait impatiently for him to wake up. Finally, his eyelids do flutter open to stare back up at me with a glazed over look in his eyes.

"Wait, what? The windows are open?" He brings a hand up to rub his eyes and I nod my head silently. After another long moment, he finally sits up and moves his gaze around the room. A light brush of snow litters the hardwood floor from the breeze blowing it in through the open windows. My concern as well as my confusion only worsens.

"What the hell? Did you get too hot last night?" He looks over at me in confusion and I laugh at the thought.

"It was below freezing. How would I have gotten hot, and why would I have resorted to opening the windows?"

"I don't know. I sure as hell didn't do it, though." He quickly removes himself from the sheets and paces over to the window beside the bed. It's slammed shut, then he's moving on to the next one.

"Do you, um..." I try to think of how to word my thoughts without sounding insane, but I can't figure it out. Harry finishes closing the windows and quickly walks back towards the bed.

"What?" He quirks an eyebrow at me and I stay silent as I open my arms to him. He crawls in towards me and tucks himself in under the sheets before practically tacking me onto the mattress.

"Don't be shy with the cuddles right now. I'm absolutely freezing so I can't imagine how cold you must be. You're like a little human ice cube even when it's warm outside." He lays half of his body over the top of mine as if not to crush me, but to remain warming me up.