Chapter Forty Seven

K A T E ' S P O V

In the morning when I wake up, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that Harry is still snuggled up beside me in my bed. Even in my groggy state I find it satisfying that he didn't up and leave as soon as he realized he ended up drunk and in my bed last night.

"Good morning." His low voice grumbles from above me, suddenly waking me up much more. Only now do I notice just how close our bodies are together. Our legs are slotted together and one of his arms is lazily draped around my waist. I can feel his fingers rubbing slow circles against my skin where my shirt has ridden up on my hip, but I can tell its a mindless action that he seemingly doesn't even recognize.

"Hi. How are you feeling?" I lean back further to look at him but I can't get too far without interrupting our cuddling. His cheeks are pink and his hair is a mess, but he looks breathtaking with his head laying on our shared pillow.

"I'm fine. I've got a bit of a headache but I'll live. Thanks for letting me crash here... And for putting up with me." He chuckles softly and I crack a small smile along with him.

"It's okay. I like having you here." I shrug my shoulders and look away immediately afterwards, feeling embarrassed from my admittance.

Harry doesn't say anything in return which I'm thankful for. We continue to lay together in silence while we both pretend to be looking anywhere but at each other. He's staring out the window behind me while I'm keeping my eyes focused on the tattoos covering his arm. His hand has moved down a noticeable few inches from my hip and now is resting on the curve of my backside. I'm trying my hardest to ignore it but just his hand feels like a one hundred pound weight on my body.

I eventually take it upon myself to look up at him again. As soon as I've moved up the pillow to face him I know he's already been staring at me. I search his eyes for any sort of indication of what my next move should be, but I get too caught up in the beautiful jade color surrounding his pupils. I notice his tongue jut out to wet his lips seconds before he moves in merely an inch towards me. My mind is slow to respond, but I manage to do the same until our foreheads are pressed together. Our mouths are open and our lips are seconds from touching, but we both seem to be playing it safe. The mood disappears just as quickly though and finally our lips meet in the middle.

"I'm sorry that I keep kissing you." Harry pulls away to whisper, then leans back in immediately. I tangle my fingers through his hair and tug gently when he shifts our bodies so that he has more access to kiss me.

"Don't be sorry." I answer in a whisper, giving myself only a second to catch my breath before going back in for another kiss.

It's a slow process of trying to get ourselves to move forward from just kissing. The exchange of making out feels heated despite the fact that it's the furthest we've gotten in a long time. Harry's hands are roaming anywhere from my hips to cupping my backside while my own hands are pressed against his chest. He's somehow pulled me on top of him and our hips are slowly rolling together while our kissing continues. I feel completely in control until his lips move to my neck and gently press against the sensitive area he knows all too well. His hands are creeping up my shirt and making it hard for me to even think straight.

"Is this okay?" Harry pulls away to ask. His chest is rising and falling noticeably quickly under my hands while I stare down at his messy hair and pink lips.

"Yeah, of course. I'm impressed we got this far." I admit back, lifting my hand to cover my smile. It doesn't feel right to joke about but I also don't want a serious mood lingering between us.

"Don't hide. You're so beautiful." He pulls my hand away from my face and brings it back to kiss my knuckles. Blush takes over covering my cheeks for me and Harry notices, but only smiles wider.