Chapter Thirty Four

K A T E ' S P O V

"Of course I'm having fun. Things are different than I expected for them to be, but I've been gone for a while. I shouldn't assume everything will go back to normal." My fingers run through the strands of my hair mindlessly as I stare down at my laptop screen. Harry is displayed on the computer with his own laptop balanced on his lap while he lays shirtless in bed, staring directly back at me.

"What do you mean they're different? Is your family treating you well?" He asks in return. His fingers are dragging slowly up his chest to occupy himself as he waits for me to answer. I struggle to focus on the question with him sitting half naked on my laptop screen.

"Yeah. Well, I guess they're treating me as well as they always have. My parents aren't really the nurturing type. They're kind of acting like I wasn't even really gone in the first place." I shrug my shoulders and Harry nods in understanding.

"Can't wait to meet them." He chuckles softly and I giggle along with him.

"We need to discuss your trip. When can you come?"

"I can come any time you want me to, baby." He sends me a sly wink and I slap my hand over my mouth to silence my laughter. My family has been asleep for over an hour and I've been attempting to stay quiet for their sake, but Harry makes it difficult.

"I've been meaning to ask, are you wearing anything under that shirt? I've been trying to get a peak but you're not being very generous with leg spreading tonight." He offers me another handsome smirk and I bite down on my lip as I glance down at the shirt adorning my torso. It's the same flannel he lent me a few nights ago and I've been wearing it non-stop for the two days I've been gone.

"What makes you think you've earned that? I don't just give away free peeks." I lean back to bring my legs up so that he can clearly see my bare thighs.

"What makes you think I haven't earned it?" He cocks an eyebrow at me and I laugh again. Without a word, I lean back even further on the bed and slowly spread my legs. His eyes nearly pop out of his head in surprise when he catches sight of my thin black panties being the only thing covering my body below the waist.

"Looks like we're matching." He finally cracks a smile and I watch as he lifts his laptop to angle down below his waist. He's dressed in only a thin pair of short black boxers that are hugging his hips tightly.

"You know how we could match even more?" He asks lowly and I bite down on my lip to suppress my grin.

"How?" I giggle back. He angles the laptop up at his face again and I notice his handsome smirk.

"We could take our underwear off and be matching in our birthday suits." He quarks a brow at me and I'm left continuing to laugh as I shake my head at him.

"How about we actually get some work done before we discuss getting naked. Now, as for your trip..."

Harry arrives in Florida on Saturday night somewhere around midnight.

My parents were skeptical when I told them my friend from Chicago was coming to stay with us, and even more so skeptical when I told them my friend was a man. My mother seemed to turn her nose up at the situation and my father went along with it anyways, seeming to not care much for trying to tell me otherwise. It's seeming as though both of them have come to the recent conclusion that they can't necessarily tell me what to do or what's best for me. Even though I'd appreciate their input on my life choices since they are my family after all-- I think the ship of me knowing right from wrong sailed when I was accused of attempted murder.