Chapter Thirty

K A T E ' S P O V

"Did you ever dream of falling in love when you were a little kid?" My head turns up against the soft fabric of Harry's t-shirt so that I can see his face. His lips are pursed and his eyes are closed as he lays blissfully in his spot on the bed. One of his arms is around my shoulders while his free hand is held with my own on his stomach as we lay curled up together on his bed.

"Yeah, I think every kid dreams of that once or twice. I didn't put much thought into it but it certainly came to mind every time I'd see my parents together, or even another couple. Everyone always seemed so happy in love so I couldn't help but be jealous." I feel his hand rub down my back as he speaks and I'm left in a state of blissful comfort.

"Me too. My parents we're always so happy together. I remember seeing my mom the day after every birthday or anniversary, and she'd just look so utterly happy. It didn't matter if my dad had taken her out to a five-star restaurant, or just planned a picnic for them on the beach. She was always grateful no matter what he did and their love was always so... Radiant. I couldn't wait to grow up and find myself a man that made me feel like that." I nuzzle my face in towards his chest and smile happily when I feel his lips press to the top of my head.

"Do I make you feel like that?" His voice turns to a low whisper and I nod my head.

"Yeah, I think our love is radiant. What do you think?" I bite down on my bottom lip as I stare up at him and wait for his answer.

"I think our love is extremely radiant. Look at us just... Laying around. Radiating love." He flips my body over so that I'm laying under him. Our foreheads press together and his lips ghost across mine for only a split second.

"I love radiating love with you." I cup his face with my hands and continue to giggle as he nips at my nose, then at my lips.

"I love you in general. Love you so fucking much." His lips work down my cheek and onto my neck, leaving my breathless as my body is overwhelmed with sensations.

"I love you." I murmur back. My response is lame compared to his, but I can't think straight with his lips on my neck.

"I really, really, love you." I add after a moment. Harry only continues to kiss me in agreement.

"Kate," his voice is low as he ducks down so that his lips are inches from my ear.

"Hmm?" I try to open my eyes to look at him, but I only see black. My hands tighten around the fabric of his t-shirt and I try to hold myself closer to him, but I'm suddenly grasping nothing but air. My heart races and I thrash around in my spot as I try to touch him once again, but I come up empty. I'm alone in the bed with only the sound of his husky voice somewhere near me.

"I'll never feel the same way about you." I hear every sound, every syllable, every heart-wrenching second that passes with the words he speaks.

"Harry," my voice cracks as I speak, but it's no use. All I can hear still is his voice.

"I'll never feel the same way about you."

"Are you going to go to classes today?" Lena asks in a soft voice as she appears behind me. I'm sitting on the bay seat beside the window with a steaming cup of coffee in my hands.

"I don't think so. I'll probably just start again Monday." I mumble back. I hug my legs closer to my chest and keep my eyes on the rain pelting the window as Lena takes a seat beside me.