Chapter Fourteen

Kate's point of view

"We should go out tonight. Actually spend our weekend doing something fun for a change." I hum quietly to Harry as I stand behind him at his desk. My arms are linked around his neck and my fingers are sifting gently through his unruly hair while he does work on his computer.

"Are you saying we never do anything fun?" He teases in return, turning his head up to look at me.

"No, I'm just saying we should do something more exciting than drinking at your apartment and messing around until I go home. Don't you want to say you did something exciting over the weekend for a change?"

"Who would I tell? You're the only person I talk to and that wouldn't be very exciting since you would have been there with me." He playfully nudges my shoulder with his, chuckling softly at his own lame joke.

"You could tell your colleagues. I'm sure you're the youngest professor here so they'd probably be jealous of your bachelor life-style." I begin kissing down his jawline until I reach his neck, already loving the feeling of his body relaxing into mine.

"Yeah, I'm sure they'd love to know about me taking out a student to get drunk in hopes of getting her to come home with me." His tone is still playful and I find myself slowly less amused by kissing his neck in a taunting manner.

"Never mind, then. I'll go out with my roommate or something." I ruffle his hair with my hand and step away with a dramatic sigh.

We've only spent two nights hanging out this week including our Monday accidental sleepover. He promised Wednesday when he called me to come over just to get him off that we could do something fun this weekend, but apparently our definitions of fun are two different things.

"Kate, I'm just messing with you. Come back here." He spins around in his chair to face me, but I manage to ignore him. My pocket mirror is found easily in my bag and I begin to touch up my lipstick while continuing to give him the silent treatment.

"Baaaabe." He whines childishly, earning a small grin of amusement from me. He doesn't say anything else as he stands from his chair and paces over to where I'm standing.

"Where do you want to go tonight? I'll leave it up to you." His arms link securely around my waist while I roll my lips together, attempting to finish my lipstick before turning back to him.

"I didn't have anywhere in particular in mind." I place my makeup back into my bag and straighten out my shirt before turning back to look at him.

"You've been going out in this city for a few more years than I have, so you should pick." I add. His bottom lip is pulled between his teeth when I turn back to look at him, making my stomach unexpectedly churn. His dress pants and nicely pressed button-up shirt are doing no justice on my already raging hormones.

"You make me sound like an old man. I probably know about as much about clubs here as you do."

"You are an old man. You're pretty sexy for an old man, though." I teasingly press my lips against his jaw and pull away, grinning at the slight outline of my lips from the lipstick left on his skin.

"You certainly know how to make me feel good about myself." He rolls his eyes playfully and we both giggle a bit. Without wasting a second, we both lean in and press our lips together. I'm sure I'm smearing lipstick all over him now, but I certainly wouldn't pass up a kiss to keep my makeup in tact.

"I have one more proposal for you." I add after a minute, tangling my fingers into his hair as I pull away from his kiss. Our foreheads press together and his fingers press gently into my hips as he pulls my body flush against his.