Chapter Fifty One

hey guys! I know its been ages since I've updated so here is a filler chapter to bridge between last chapters suspense and the next chapter coming where you all will finally find out some of the stuff you've been dying to know. please know while reading this chapter that the next chapter is going to clear a lot up so be mindful while commenting on how weak Kate is towards harry. I reread this story before continuing to write it along with every single comment on this story and I know that you all tend to kind of hate Kate's character so please just be kind!! Enjoy the long awaited chapter 

✺ KATE'S POV ✺

It's cold and dark in the bathroom as I wait for Harry to return from answering the door of the hotel room. Whoever was behind the door is speaking to him in a quiet voice and despite my efforts to press my ear up against the door to listen in, I can't hear a word that's being said. It's frustrating to not know what could potentially be happening merely fifteen feet from me, but I try to keep myself calm while assuming that if it was anything bad then I would be able to hear it. 

I feel like I wait for a lifetime for him to return. I resort to sitting on the edge of the counter when I give up hope that I'll be able to hear any part of the conversation being had on the other side of the room. Moments before Harrys arrival in the bathroom though, I pick up on the sound of him thanking someone, then shutting and locking the door. 

"Kate?" He bursts into the small room, sounding worried as he searches for me. The light flicks on in the room and I jump off the counter just as he comes into my sight. I still hate him for the situation that we're in, but the less sensible part of my mind is just happy to see he's okay. The urge is too overwhelming for me to brush off and I find myself practically launching my body into his arms to pull him in for a hug. 

"You didn't run off. I thought you would." He whispers to me in an obviously relieved tone.I only shake my head in response, then lean against his chest in search of comfort. 

I decided earlier when he was letting me have time to think, that my intention is no longer to run off. Even though I feel hurt and betrayed by the one person I thought I could trust, another part of my mind has given up on trying to weasel my way out of the situation and is overpowering my other urges telling me to run. I know that James has been looking to get revenge on me for months- clearly he wants something to do with me otherwise I wouldn't have been moved all the way to Chicago in the first place. But I don't know how much longer I can avoid it. My hopes is that if it really is James who wants something from me, I can talk my way out of it if he tries anything too crazy. We dated for years and I know him well enough that I'm not too scared.

As for Harry- I know that the situation between us is weighing on his mind. He keeps treating me like a hurt puppy every time he looks at me or speaks to me. I'm angry with him beyond words for lying to me for so long; in my heart though I know that I have to stick with him until the whole situation plays out because theres not much I could do for myself that he couldn't do for me. I could always call my parole officer and tell him the situation but in the back of my mind I know that continuing to be moved around and running from the situation with James and Harry is only going to prolong the inevitable. I don't mind the treatment I'm getting from Harry though with him thinking I'm heartbroken and on the verge of sprinting away from him every chance I get. 

"Who was at the door?" I bring myself to ask as I pull away from our embrace. Harry seems hesitant to let go of me but I step out of his arms before he can make me stay. 

"The woman from the lobby. The neighbors next door called the front desk because we were fighting a few minutes ago. She told us we need to be silent for the rest of the night or they're going to kick us out." He shrugs back, seeming as relieved as I am that it was only the cranky old woman who checked us into our room. Although I'd like to think I'm prepared for whatever may come from this situation with Harry, I'm really not sure how it will go over when the time comes.