Chapter Fifteen

(I'm updating early because I felt like no one was very excited about the last chapter so this one actually has stuff going on in it and hopefully you guys will like it more lol)

Kate's point of view

My feet tap anxiously against the floorboard of the taxi as the car zooms through the busy streets of Chicago. Harry texted me the address to the restaurant we're meeting at only an hour ago while I was in the midst of getting dressed for the date. We agreed him picking me up from campus on the weekend was a bit too suspicious and us meeting was a much better plan.

Upon arrival of the restaurant, the driver tells me my fair and I pay him with a small tip in addition to the price. He thanks me with a smile, then moves quickly from the car to open my door while balancing an umbrella in his hand. We walk towards the restaurant and exchange goodbyes one last time as I step into the building to receive some sort of relief from the heavy rain.

A hostess greets me as soon as I'm inside and standing in the lobby. She has a bright smile and a certain perkiness in her tone that lightens my mood as well. I tell her the name of the reservation and she leads me back to a table in the far end of the restaurant after alerting me that my guest has already arrived.

"There you are. I was getting worried about you being out in that rain." Harry greets the second we approach the table.

"I'm safe. No need to worry." I answer in return, smiling giddily when we greet each other with a kiss. He proceeds to pull my chair out from the table and allow me to sit down while taking my coat from me in a very gentleman-like manner.

"What is this place? It's cool." I ask in fascination as Harry takes his seat across from me once again.

My eyes move up on the wall to look over the colorful artwork on the walls. The lights in the building are dim and accompanied by the subtle glow of the individual candles placed on each table around the room. Soft music plays in the speakers above the dining room while waiters dressed in nicely pressed white button-up shirts move effortlessly around to carry on taking care of the customers seated around the area.

"This is fine Latin cuisine." Harry answers playfully, raising his eyebrows as he flips open his menu. I do the same, unable to hide my grin as we both tune in to reading our menus.

When the waiter eventually comes around to take our drink orders, Harry gets a glass of red wine while I order a mojito. He teases me over starting out my evening with a cocktail, but I only brush it off and say it was necessary for the type of restaurant we're at.

Once the drinks are returned to the table and the waiter is off again- this time with our food order- both of us turn back to look at each other.

"So, is this considered an official date? Because if so, do I get to ask you questions about yourself and tease you about stupid things over a candle lit dinner?" I ask playfully once we're caught in a peaceful silence. Harry takes a sip of his red wine and smirks back at me.

"I suppose those are proper grounds for a date, yeah? Ask away." He answers in return. I clasp my hands together excitedly and take a distracted sip of my drink while considering what to ask first.

"Where did you grow up?" The question comes to mind and is spoken before I can consider something better. Harry stares at me inquisitively for a moment before pursing his lips.

"I was born in London, but I grew up in France. My mum was a nurse and she found some program there that was a training course for other nurses going into third world countries to help medically assist doctors there who were overwhelmed with multiple fatal diseases that we haven't even really had to worry about in the U.S." He taps his fingers against the table while he speaks and I watch his lips move, already feeling giddy knowing the little bit of information about him that I didn't before. He speaks in such a formal way with a certain confidence that makes my stomach churn.