Chapter Twenty Four

(I messed up the chapters and completely skipped over 22 so this is technically chapter 23 but it'll take me a life time to go back and fix them all so just roll with it for now)

Kate's Point of View

My head is pounding endlessly as I attempt to open my eyes. It feels like my brain is swollen in my skull and begging for more room as my temples feel as though they're being beaten with a hammer.

It takes me nearly ten minutes to get out of bed. I move slowly and try to blink away the sleep from my eyes while also attempting to remember what happened last night. I don't recall anything in between meeting some random man on the dance floor, then waking up this morning.

What the hell happened last night?

I walk around my room for a few minutes trying to gather my thoughts. I begin brewing a cup of coffee and continue pacing around, peeking out of the curtains on the windows and rubbing my aching temples. I haven't opened the blinds in the room since my discovery of my peeping tom the other night, and I don't really have any plans to. If it weren't for me worrying about having to explain to Lena what's going on when she gets back, I'd probably put newspaper up on the windows or something.

When my coffee is done brewing, I take a seat on the bed with a low sigh. My hand grabs for my phone on the nightstand and I nearly fall over when noticing the time is already pushing one in the afternoon. How did I sleep in that late? I've never slept in past eleven, even on occasions where I've been up for most of the night.

I can't seem to straighten out my mind as I continue to attempt to recall whatever happened last night. I'm completely lost in my own thoughts as I dress myself and attempt to do my makeup. My eyeliner is uneven and my eyelashes are clumpy, but I don't think much about it. I plan to walk over to Brandon's housing building and ask him if he knows anything about what happened last night.

When I step outside, I'm hit with the bright sun and cringe immediately. My hands reach desperately into my bag to find my sunglasses and I breathe out in relief as soon as they're slipped onto my face and blocking out the horrible sun rays that aren't doing any justice for my hangover.

As my feet begin to carry me across the pavement towards the busy streets, I once again begin attempting to think back to the evening. The only things I can match together are the few drinks I had and the strange man I met. I know for a fact that I didn't drink enough to black out, and I know for sure that even if I had, I wouldn't be forgetting things that had happened after my fourth drink.

"Kate." A low voice speaks and I almost continue walking without considering the person is speaking to me. I look up seconds later and feel the breath nearly knocked out of me when I notice an all too familiar pair of emerald eyes staring back at me.

"Harry?" My mouth falls agape in confusion, then excitement floods my mind seconds later.

"Oh my god, when did you get back into town?" I step towards him and nearly knock him over on impact as I link my arms around his shoulders.

"I just got back this morning. I was coming over to surprise you, actually. Where are you headed?" His arms snake around my waist and I fall limp against his chest in completely content from his embrace.

"I was going to go over to my friend Brandon's dorm. I kind of forgot you were coming home today." I nuzzle my face into his neck and inhale silently. My senses are overwhelmed just by the familiar smell of his cologne. I've needed nothing more than a simple hug from him since he left.

"Who's Brandon? I leave for a week and you've already gotten yourself a new boyfriend?" He leans back to look at me and my heart flutters when his hand moves up to cup my cheek.