Chapter Forty Nine

Ok so theres actually drama in this chapter and tbh I listened to this song on repeat while proof reading it and it fit well so I would highly recommend

K A T E ' S P O V

On Monday morning when I make it to Harry's class, I sit down in my usual spot and impatiently tap my foot as I wait. He hasn't spoken to me once since I left his apartment and I'm at a loss of how to feel about it all.

When he does finally walk in, it's only a minute before class is due to start. He looks flustered yet flawless as he sets his items down and finds his papers in his bag to begin the lecture.

His class drones on for nearly two hours before he finally dismisses us. He seems oddly cheery and I find it somewhat refreshing to see him happy, but also selfishly slightly concerned he's not upset at all about our small argument from yesterday. I stop by his desk on my way out once everyone has left. He's leaned against it with his hip and his phone is in his hands, but he's yet to acknowledge me. The second the final student leaves the lecture hall though, his phone is in his pocket and his eyes are on me.

"Hey baby." He greets sweetly, opening his arms to me. Even though part of me still wants to be upset, I go against it entirely. I all but leap into his arms and am grinning the second my head is against his chest and he's holding me by the waist. Even just one night of us not being on the best of terms has had my heart aching for hours, but it's completely disappeared now in his presence.

"You seemed distracted today in class. I hope you got your journal entry in and didn't let what's on your mind take away from the lecture." He speaks in a low voice with his head ducked down by mine. The rhythm of his words match the motion of his hand rubbing my back and it makes it hard for me to even respond.

"It didn't. I still got my work done, Professor." I tease back, finally turning to look at him with a cheesy grin.

"That's my girl." He chuckles alongside me and kisses my forehead. The second the words leave his lips though, I can tell he regrets them slightly. His body goes partially rigid and him rubbing my back slows down to almost a stop. Instead of asking him about it though, I only lay my head back against his chest again. He picks up on it just as quickly and I feel the exhale in his body as he sighs contently.

"When's your next class?" He eventually speaks up again. I pry my eyes open one more time and lift his arm from my side to check his watch.

"I've got about an hour. I was going to get some food when I left here."

"An hour, huh?" He answers back, which I nod back to. I look up to meet his eyes again and see the gears turning in his mind. I can't deny he looks handsome today and that part of me wants to just entirely forget about yesterday morning at his apartment just so that I can be okay with him again.

"Go somewhere with me." He finally states. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I stare back at him, but he doesn't seem to be offering any further explanation.

"Now? But I don't have that long before my next class..."

"Don't be so lame. We can both skip. I wanna make yesterday up to you." His teeth sink into his bottom lip in the most seductive movement he can seem to muster. It gets to me exactly how he intends though and I'm left gulping at the thought.

"Okay." I quickly nod my head in return of his offer. Sex is the only thing that's tied us together the best since the first day we met, so if it will work this out, then I'm happy to try.