Chapter Twenty Nine

K A T E ' S P O V

"I can't fucking believe this. What a perfect end to a great week." Lena mutters lowly under her breath as we both assist each other in lifting her bed up to stand regularly.

"Calm down, Le. We'll get things back in order and just forget this even happened." I try to assure in return. We finally get her bed back up to stand on the legs, but as soon as it's up, it falls directly back down. The headboard of the bed snaps from the frame and hits the wall as it falls directly back onto the ground. Lena and I look up at each other in silence for a moment, but just as quickly burst into laughter.

"This is a joke, right? This has to be a really messed up joke." She steps away from the bed and tangles her fingers through her hair in frustration.

"We shouldn't even be cleaning up, actually. This is something that needs to be dealt with by the school." She adds. Her foot kicks a torn shirt on the ground, then she turns up to me again.

"The dorm monitor was gone for all of break and isn't back until tomorrow. I'd say we could call the cops but I feel like we should leave that up to whichever staff member is supposed to deal with that." Lena plops down onto one of our only chairs that's still in tact, then breathes out a deep sigh.

"I agree. Let's just... I don't know. We shouldn't stay here, though. Is your boyfriend in town?" I indicate for her to scoot over and she allows me to take a seat beside her on the small chair.

"No, he's not back until Wednesday. His family went to Brazil and are staying a couple of extra days." She mumbles back. I bite down on my bottom lip and shut my eyes while considering my options. I don't think either of us have money to rent a hotel room for the night, but I also don't want to stoop to staying with one of Lena's friends that I don't know, or something. I'm sure I could call Brandon but I'd had to bombard him so late on a Sunday.

"I'll make a call." I finally state. Lena looks over at me questioningly, but brushes it off just as easily.

Fifteen minutes later, there's a soft knock at the door of the dorm. Lena has resorted to sorting through her clothes from vacation and pays no mind to me as I stand to answer the door.

"Hey, are you guys alright?" Harry asks worriedly as he steps inside of the room. He's wearing the hood of his sweatshirt over his head and I assume it was an attempt to not get recognized in the dorms.

"Yeah, thanks for coming." I answer, wrapping my arms around him despite my mood from earlier where I wanted nothing to do with him.

"Of course. This place looks..." He glances around the room and I nod in silent agreement.

"Are you sure you're okay? This place is an absolute mess." He holds my shoulders to lean back so that he can look at me.

"I'm fine, Harry. I swear."

"Okay. I'm so glad you're not hurt." He leans in to kiss my forehead and I inhale deeply. Just as I'm about the nuzzle my face into his chest in hopes of finding some sort of comfort, I hear a throat clear behind me. I turn back and notice Lena standing with a questioning look as she stares at Harry and I.

"Hey, uh, this is Harry." I offer her a small smile and feel Harry reach around me to hold his hand out to her.

"Hi Lena. I've heard so much about you." Harry greets in a friendly tone as they exchange a quick handshake.