Chapter 2

Emily's POV

I woke up the next morning with my stomach hurting like heck. I went into my bathroom to see the damage, and I swear, the bruises were almost black. I looked at my neck next, DANG that couldn't be covered with makeup. I didn't have any turtlenecks, not that I would wear them anyway (No offence to turtle neck fans, I love turtlenecks), and I didn't trust my hair to cover it. I had to wear a scarf, which would draw attention to me. Ugh.  I put on a semi-think black one. That should work.

***Skips to school***

When I walked into school, I noticed Chase in the same spot as yesterday. What I didn't notice was Bree walk over to me and pull me over there. Wow, she was fast. I think she almost blew my scarf off. That would have not been good. She said "Hey Emily!". I noticed a bit of excitement cross Chase's face. I was shocked. I can't believe they still wanted to talk to me. I said "Hey." while still being shocked.   Then out of no where Adam asked me "Do you like pie?". I was confused, but said "Um...yeah.". The Chase shot Adam a un-readable look, and asked me "Are you ready to go to class?". "Sure." was my reply. I needed to stop giving them short answers. Wait, why did I care? I was so busy trying to figure out why I cared when I realized I was in class. I was next to Chase again. We didn't talk, but I noticed him glancing over at me. That's weird, I mean who would want to look at me?

***Skips to lunch***

At lunch Chase was still looking at me a lot. I was starting to get a little worried as to why he was looking at me. I tried to think of a reason, but I just couldn't. I hadn't even noticed Chase had asked me a question. "What?" I said. He had a confused face, but it went away and he said "How are you?". Terrible. "Good." was all I said. Lies I thought. He seemed like he didn't believe me, but let it go. Thank God. I hope it doesn't get brought back up.

*** Skips to end of day***

When I got home, I was terrified. I didn't want to have another incident like the one yesterday. I was happy that my mom wasn't here. She must be at the bar. I didn't know when she would get home, so I went to my room, knowing if I was in here she wouldn't bother me.  I remembered I had a ton of homework. I knew it would be better than being near my mom though. I sighed and got started.

***A few hours later***

I was finally finished with my homework. I wasn't sure if my mom was home. I decided to go to sleep in case she was, plus I was tired from all the thinking. 

Chase's POV

I woke up, and my first though was Emily. I quickly shook her out of my head though, I shouldn't be thinking about someone I just met when I first wake up. I finally noticed my capsule had gotten me ready. I noticed everyone else talking, but didn't really pay attention, because it would just be a repeat of yesterday, and every other day. Whoa, when did I develop this depressed attitude? That wasn't like me. Usually I was very happy. I started thinking about everything out of the ordinary I had done lately, until it was time to go to school.

***Skips to school***

I was at school, watching the doors, but I wasn't sure why. I noticed it was quiet around me and realized, Bree, Adam, and Leo were watching the doors to. Thats when I saw Emily walk in, and Bree use her super speed to bring her over here. Wait, Bree used super speed?!?! Luckily no one noticed. Emily started messing with her scarf. Wow, I never expected her to be a scarf girl. I looked up a bit and saw a huge cut mark, that the scarf was mostly hiding. I suddenly got very worried, but didn't say anything.

***Skips to class***

During class I couldn't stop thinking about that cut on Emily's neck. I kept glancing over at her wanting to ask so many questions, but part of me said not to. I'm not even sure why i'm so worried, I barely know her. This is so frustrating, I always have answers, but this time, I don't. I guess I just have to keep thinking.

***Skps to lunch***

I kept glancing at Emily, still very confused. I decided to ask her if she was okay, hoping she would get the message. She didn't. By the way her voice sounded, she was lying. I suddenly felt protective over her. And I don't know why. I mean, I just met her, and I already feel "protective" over her. I wanted to ask her so many things, and the questions were running through my head so fast I could barely keep up. That's not normal for me, being a bionic, the smart one at that, who should always be able to keep my thoughts together.

***Skips to end of day***

I got to thinking, and decided not to worry. I mean, she could have fallen or something. I couldn't help but feel like part of me knew I was lying to myself, though. I decided to just go to sleep to get my mind off of things.

AUTHORS NOTE - So this is the next chapter. Its kinda short, sorry. Oh, and I noticed my story has 6 reads. Does that mean 6 people added it to their reading list (or library)? Or does it mean 6 people just clicked on my story. And how can I see who they are? Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for reading! It means alot to me. Check back for more updates!