Chapter 8

Emily's POV

I woke up confused, not remembering where I was at. Then yesterdays memories came flooding into my head, and I knew why I was here. I started wondering what life would be like here. Well, there's only one way to find out, so I changed clothes, happy they got some stuff from my house for me, and I went downstairs. A woman said 

Tasha : "Good morning Emily! My name is Tasha, i'm Donald's, or as you know him, Mr.Davenport's wife. Its time to eat breakfast!"

I didn't like the idea of eating. I think I hadn't ate breakfast in so many days I kinda forgot it exsisted. But, I wanted them to think I was normal, so I made a bowl of cereal, and sat down with Adam, Bree, Chase and Leo. Adam and Bree were fighting over the milk, Leo was reading a comic book, and Chase looked embarassed by his siblings. He mouthed the word "Sorry" to me, and I mouthed the words "Its ok" and added a small smile, which he returned with a small blush on his cheeks. Did he like me? No, no one could like someone as ugly as you, My mind screamed at me after that thought. After breakfast, I went to my room, then into the bathroom that was attached, bent over the toilet, and, well, you know what happens next. Then, I went downstairs with the Davenports, and started heading off to school.

 ***Skips to school***

I walked into school with the Davenports, and everyone looked at us as if we were aliens. Probably because I was never seen walking in them, only talking with them. Nobody noticed the staring, but Chase did look over, and I could tell he sensed how uncomfortable I was. I didn't know how though. I wasn't showing it in any way. I wanted to ask some one about all the strange happenning, but I couldn't ask the people the strange things were happening with, and I wasn't close enough to Mr.Davenport or Tasha, and I had no one else. Thats when the bell rang, I winced at the sound, and today Chase noticed. A look of panic,confusion, and more came across his face. I couldn't help but worry about him. But then I remembered it was his problems not mine, but I still seemed to share his panic with him.

***Skips to class***

I could tell Chase was deep in thought. I felt like it was about me. I'm not sure why. I tried to focus, but I just couldn't. I kept wondering about why Chase was like that earlier, and now. Then, the teacher started yelling at Chase, telling him he hadn't payed attention in days. At first, I felt sympathy for him, but then, my feeling matched the look on his face. Fearful. Then a rush of anger flew through me, and Chase started screaming at the teacher. Earning a detention. Then the bell rang, saving me from seeing what would happen next. I rushed out of the classroom, almost bumping into Bree.

Bree: "Why are you in a rush." 

Emily : "Sorry. The teacher started yelling at Chase because he wasn't paying attention, and at first he looked scared, but then he started yelling back in a strange voice."

I left out how I felt exactly like he did.

Leo: "WHAT!?!?"

Emily: "What's wrong?"

Adam: "This isn't good."

Emily: "What isn't good?"

Bree: "Sorry Emily, we have to go, see you at lunch!"

And they all ran off. Leaving me alone. Oh well, not the first time. I just walked to my class, pretending nothing happened.

***Skips to lunch***

At lunch, Chase was back to normal. Well, sorta. He seemed very on-edge. I had no idea why, and it bothered me. It also bothered me that it bothered me in the first place.  Ugh, i'm starting to go on-edge by thinking that way. Why do I keep going through the same things Chase does? Its weird. I noticed everyone was silent. Even Leo. Leo is NEVER quiet. I have lived with then a day and already know that. I decided to speak up.