Chapter 3

Emily's POV

When I woke up, I realized I over slept. At least my stomach wasn't like yesterday. Speaking of which, I checked my stomach, and the bruises looked like normal bruises now. I checked my neck, and the cut was more of a pink color than red, wow I was healing fast. Usually things took forever to heal on me. I didn't think much of it though, because it only means I have to hide it less. I put on the same scarf, and my usual, boring clothes. When I walked downstairs my mom said to me "Looking ugly, as usual.". Even though I was used to it, things like that still hurt me. I felt a few tears in my eyes, but I quickly pushed them back in, I wasn't going to be weak, especially not in front of her. Or anybody. I can cry later.

***Skips to school***

I was walking into the school, and noticed Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo were not in their usual spot. I didn't even see them. Instead I saw the football players staring at me. Thats never good. They always beat me up or something. Just as a had that thought, one of the football players dragged me to a unknown hall. I also heard the bell ring, ugh now i'm gonna be late. I snapped back to reality when the football player said "Ew, what happened to your face? Its so ugly." Okay, that REALLY hurt, because I had already been called ugly today. That's when I started to believe it. Then thought like "Your ugly every day" Started to run through my head. Thats when I heard him and the rest of the team walk laugh and walk away. I started heading to class, trying to avoid screaming some choice words at them.

***Skips to her class with Chase***

I walked into class, and noticed the teacher was late. Wow. I sat in my usual spot, next to Chase. He smiled at me and said "Your late.". His smile made me forget why I was late, and for once, I smiled a real smile back, and managed a giggle, and said "Yeah, I know.". I was happy he didn't ask why I was late. Just then. The teacher walked in and said "Settle down students." Wow I didn't even realize the other kids were talking. Me and Chase smiled at each other before paying attention to class. Man,this boy was getting to me. And ugh, I am going weak. 

***Skips to end of day*** 

I went to my room after dinner, which I had to make myself, again. I was sitting in my room thinking about my day. I only seemed to reflect on the bad parts. I thought about what happened with my mom, who was at the bar again by the way, and what happened with the football players, and before I could realize what was happening I grabbed my blade and dragged it across my wrist, multiple times, while watching the blood pour out. Then part of me regretted it, and thought "would Chase want me doing this?" But then remembered that no one truly cared, they only pretended. That's why I started crying. I wished I didn't want to do this. I wished I knew how to express my feelings. And, for.a moment, i wished somebody would love me. I thought of Chase, but I know love never lasts, that's why I got angry at that. I wasn't going to fall for him. Even if it meant avoiding him. I wasn't going to completely avoid him, I would just be a little less friendly. After that thought, I got up and looked in the mirror. I was ugly. I was fat. Thats when I stared at the toilet for a few moments, before deciding what I was gonna do. I bent over the toilet, stuck my fingers down my throat, and saw all my food come up. After, I was content with myself. Nothing to make me even fatter. After that, I was pretty worn out, so I just went to bed.

Chase's POV

***Starts at beginning of day***

 I woke up, and again, my first thought was about Emily. This time I didn't scold myself for it, because I was getting used to it. I still wasn't used to these strange feelings I get when I think about her, or see her. I decided to ask Davenport about it later. I stepped out of my capsule, and we went through our morning routine.

***Skips to class***

I started getting worried, Emily was late to class, and I didn't see her in the hall. I was panicking.  I hadn't even realized the teacher wasn't here. Then relief washed over me when she walked in, looking frustrated. I didn't have time to think about that because when she saw me she smiled that beautiful smile of hers. Whoa. Beautiful? Where did that come from. I couldn't continue my thoughts though because the teacher started class. When did he get here?

***Skips to home***

When I got home, I did my homework fast as usual, and then remembered what I said I would ask Mr.Davenport about this morning.  I noticed him walk into the lab, and since no one was else was here because they were doing homework, I decided to ask him now. 

Chase : "Hey Mr.Davenport?"

Davenport : "Yes Chase?"

Chase : "I need to talk to you something."

Davenport : "About what?"

Chase : "Well...

Davenport : "Go on."

Chase : "... I've been having these weird feelings."

Davenport : "What weird feelings?"

Chase : "I'm not quite sure what they are, but I get these butterflies in my stomach, and I get really nervous."

Davenport : "Do these feeling happen around a.... certain person?"

Chase : "Um, yes."

Davenport : "Is that certain person a girl?"

Chase : "Yes. Why does it matter?"

Davenport : "It matters because that means you have a crush."

I was speechless. I had a crush. I was trying to think of something to say when he said

Davenport : "Do you know her name?"

Chase "Yes. Her name is Emily. I don't know her last name, but i'm sure I could find out."

Davenport : *Says barely audible* "Emily..."

I wouldn't have heard him if it weren't for my bionic hearing. I was going to ask him about that when Bree walked into the lab. Thanks a lot Bree. Note the sarcasm. I was just going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Mr.Davenport's POV (Oh yeah, mixing it up)

I knew this day would come. I didn't think it would come so soon. And especially not for Chase first. It was supposed to be Adam, Bree, THEN Chase.  I only need her last name, and it will be proven. This wasn't supposed to happen like this...

AUTHORS NOTE - Yay! I have started getting readers! I also have a question for you readers. Do you like how I made the conversation? I figured it would be easier to type, and it was lol. But seriously, I like hearing your opinions. Also, I have started informing people on their page when my story is updated. Do you like that idea? Tell me! Thanks for reading!