Chapter 19

Emily's POV

I woke up to Chase brushing some hair out of my face, and telling me goodmorning. I thought back to last night, remembering good and bad events. The good part was when we told me he loved me, he was so sweet. The bad part, when he saw what I had done.

Chase: "Well thank you for calling me sweet."

Emily: "How did you know I was thinking that?"

Chase: "We can hear each other's thoughts, remember?"

Emily: "I thought it was only a sometimes thing."

Chase: "It was. Still is, sort of. Davenport has been training me about my new bionics, and how to control them. The mind reading is part of that. I still can't completely control it, though."

Oh. He kissed me, and then told me to meet him downstairs once I got ready for the day. I assume it will be about everything that happened last night. I started heading downstairs, seeing both Chase and Davenport staring at me. That made me uncomfortable. I think Chase heard that, because after that he turned to Davenport, waiting for him to say something.

Davenport: *Sighs* "Chase told me what happened last night. We are going to take you to a doctor to get you help."

Great. I have to go to some doctor from crazy people. Its not for crazy people, they can really help you. Listen to the rest of what he has to say!

Davenport: "You will be put in the hospital for 2-7 days, depending on how long the doctor thinks you need to be in there. Then, you will go to a weekly counseling appointment. In time, you will slowly have to go less and less often, but we will think about that when the time comes."

Then, they took me to the car, and off to wherever this doctor was.

*Skips to when she is being put into hospital*

 I couldn't wait to get out of this place, and I just got in! To make it worse, Chase had to leave because he had training. So I was stuck in this room, alone, with nothing to do. I guess it was a nice room though. Then a nurse walked in and told me I had to go talk to some counselor, to figure out what my 'mental illness' was. I decided to just go along with it, in hopes that it would somehow make them let me leave faster. I told the doctor everything I was feeling, and he said I had depression, and he would keep me for a few more days, and I would be put on anti-depressants. I guess that wasn't to bad. Then, when they gave me my anti-depressants they said it would make me tired, and they were right. I could barely even lay down before I was falling asleep.

Chase's POV

***Starts at the beginning of the day***

I woke up, seeing that Emily was still asleep. I knew she had to go into treatment today, so I tried to be a nice as possible while waking her up. I heard her thoughts, and she was thinking good and bad thoughts. I tried my best to lighten the mood. It seemed to work. Then I went downstairs, and while she was getting ready, I went to tell Davenport about what was going on. 

Chase: "Um, I need to tell you what happened last night."

Davenport: "Oh yeah. I remember you trying to tell me about that. What happened?"

Chase: "Well, when I heard a noise, it was glass breaking. To get to the point, I saw cuts on Emily's wrist."

Then, Emily came downstairs. We took her to the hospital, and after the nurses said she would be in for a few days, the mission alarm went off. I felt bad leaving Emily there, but Davenport said we have to go. 

***Skips to after the mission***

Once everyone was asleep, I went on Davenport's computer and downloaded every book every known to man on mental illnesses unto my chip. As I started studying the books, I noticed that I had a lot of signs of bipolar disorder. I thought it was impossible, I mean i'm a genius, I would have noticed before now. Eventually paranoia got the best of me, and I used my bionics to calculate the likeliness of me being bipolar. I got worried when he chances were 99.9%. I knew I had to ask Davenport about it tomorrow, considering its 3:00 AM. I had a hard time getting to sleep, but after a while I finally fell asleep.

Davenport's POV

We are in big trouble without Emily here. I can't train her, so if Derek attacks after she comes back, she won't know what to do. If he attacks while shes in treatment, we won't have enough power to survive. Why did this have to happen now?