Chapter 18

Emily's POV

I woke up, happy to be in my own room this time. Until I remembered everything that was happening. I looked at my alarm clock and saw what time it was, wow I slept late. Before I was even all the way down the stairs, Mr. Davenport started talkng to me.

Davenport: "Emily, today we will start training your bionics. You need to learn how to use them properly if we want any chance of surviving when Marcus and Derek attack."

Emily: "Where are Adam, Bree, and Chase?"

Davenport: "They are at school."

Emily: "They don't have to train, because they know how to use their bionics." 

Then, we went to the lab to start my training. I noticed my stomach growling, I forgot to eat breakfast. Oh well, I guess one time won't hurt. 

Davenport: "Okay, try to use your forcefield."

Emily: "How do I do that?"

Davenport: "Just imagine the forcefield Chase used coming out of your hands."

I tried, and nothing happened.

Emily: "It isn't working. I can't do it."

Davenport: "Yes, you can. Don't doubt youself or your abilities, that will only make it harder. Now, keep trying."

I tried a second time, and it worked! For a few seconds anyway.

Davenport: "Good! We can work on how long you can hold it later. Now, try to turn it into a ball, and aim for the target on the right side of this room."

On my first try it worked, but I couldn't control the power ball once it formed, and it flew across the room, destroying one of Mr.Davenport's inventions."

Emily: "Oops. Sorry!"

Davenport: *sighs* "I guess I can rebuild it."

Suddenly I felt really drained.

Emily: "Uh, Mr.Davenport? Why do I feel like I have no energy?"

Davenport: "Oh! I forgot. Using your bionics uses lots of energy, so you need to eat power pellets to keep your energy up, until you learn how to keep it up yourself."

Emily: "Um, power WHATS!?!?"

Davenport: "Relax, Adam, Bree, and Chase lived off them until very recently, so you should be fine."

They looked like dog treats. I decided that if it would restore even some of my energy, then it was worth it. 

Emily: "It actually doesn't taste to bad."

Davenport: "I knew you could handle it. Now, Adam, Bree, and Chase should be home soon, so we can stop training until tomorrow."

Wow. I can't believe that much time had passed already. Then, as if on cue, the second I walked in the room I saw Adam, Bree, and Chase walking in the house. Chase came up and kissed me, in which Leo was disgusted by.

Leo: "Get a room!"

Me and Chase rolled our eyes, and Bree started telling me about how I had homework.

Bree: "The teachers told us to give you your work do to at home, and bring it in for you. Oh, and when you go back, tell everyone you had a bad case of the flu."

Then they all went to the lab, while I went to my room. Even though I had homework in every subject, I was finished in less than 10 minutes. Which gave me time to think. Maybe to much time to think. I started wondering why I couldn't learn how to use my bionics faster. Then I started thinking about how I was the one who telported to Marcus' hideout in the first place. If I hadn't gone there, none of this would have happened, at least not for a long time. Then I got a all to familiar feeling rush through me. I looked around for anything sharp, and found nothing. The doctors had said for them to take all sharp items away, and apparently they did. I looked to my bed side table and saw a glass cup, and got a idea. I threw it on the ground, picked up one of the pieces, and took it to my arm. Once I was done I went to my bathroom and stopped the bleeding. I didn't realize I had made that many cuts. I was walking out of my bathroom, going to get a longsleeve pair of pajamas when Chase walked into my room. I was standing where I blocked his view of the broken glass, and I quickly put my arms behind my back.