Chapter 16

Emily's POV

I heard voices, but I couldn't open my eyes. I felt a terrible pain coming from where I was stabbed. I wasn't sure if I was alive. I felt somebody touch me, and suddenly I had the strength to open my eyes. I saw it was Chase, but I already assumed it was him. Before I had time to see anything else, I was pulled into Chase's tight grip, hearing him mutter things like "Thank God shes alive".  I pulled away, making Chase pout, to try and see what was going on. I looked around the room, seeing that Adam, Bree, Chase, Mr.Davenport, and I were all tied up in a basement, similar to the lab, but different in a lot of ways. I finally decided I couldn't figure out where we were, and should just ask them.

Emily: "Where are we?"

Leo: "I don't know, but I told you all Marcus was evil!"

Bree: "Okay, we get it!"

Emily: "Wait, Marcus?"

 Leo: "Yes. He has been out to get us all since day one JUST LIKE I SAID!"

Chase: "Leo! Shhh!"

Leo: "Sorry..."

 Gosh I hope this is just come crazy nightmare. Emily? Is that you? Wait. Chase? How are his thought in my head? I have no idea. Lets find out.

Chase: "Uh.... Mr.Davenport?"

Davenport: "What's wrong?"

Chase: "How come Emily and I can hear each other's thoughts?"

Davenport: "Did I forget to mention that if in danger you can read each other's thoughts?"

Chase: "Yeah, you kinda did."

Davenport: "Oops."

Then Marcus walked into the room.

Marcus: "Wow. I can clearly see you haven't properly trained them. They don't even know how to fully utilize their bionics."

His voice held humor at us, just figuring out what some of our bionics use.

Davenport: "Well I could have taught them correctly if my brother hadn't stole the files that told me what all of their bionics are!

Wait, Mr.Davenport had a brother? We have bionics we don't know about? I had the same reaction just now. Chase! You scared me! I wonder if he actually heard that. I guess he did, because he grabbed my hand and looked at me with a sympathetic look. I snapped back to reality when I heard Adam talk.

Adam: "Who is your brother?"

Marcus answered for him.

Marcus: "My dad. Come on in, dad."

Then a man walked into the room. He looked scary. Don't let him intimidate you. He can't hurt you as long as i'm by your side. I looked and noticed Chase had put his forcefield around us, but only where we could see it. The man was talking, or yelling, at Mr.Davenport that he was going to get revenge. Then he walked out of the room  with Marcus, laughing.

Bree: "What was that all about?"

Davenport: "I guess I have to tell you sometime. When I first created the bionics, Marcus was the only one, he had all of your bionics. He was supposed to be the ONLY bionic kid. My brother wanted to tell the world about the bionics so Marcus would look more heroic, but I said no. My brother got very upset, saying that he was running this 'show' to. I also got to thinking that what if Marcus had gotten hurt on a mission and we couldn't save him? We would have to completely recreate the bionics. I told that to my brother, and he left me, taking most of the files, and Marcus. That's why I don't know what all of the bionics are, because I didn't have the files to tell me. I made copies of the chips and put them into each of you. "

Wow. How could he not tell us sooner? I don't know. I want to know the same thing.

Then, as if he heard our thoughts, he answered out questions.

Davenport: "I didn't tell you because I was worried you would want to work with my brother, who wanted to use you to do his dirty work. He was going to use you to get revenge on people. I had no choice. I'm really sorry guys."

Bree: " Its okay, Mr.Davenport."

Adam: " Yeah, and we would never turn evil."

Chase: "We might want to start thinking of a way out here."  

Davenport: "Right.... Any ideas?

Bree: "Nope."

Leo: "No."

Adam: "Do you really expect me know?"

Chase: "Suprisingly, I don't have any ideas either."

Emily: "Me niether."

This is going to take a while. Yes, yes it is.

Chase's POV

I noticed Emily moving a little, but it seemed like she didn't have the strength to fully wake up. I remembered that touching her could help her get strength, so I touched her arm. She opened her eyes and looked at me, making me instantly pull her in my arms. I was so happy she was okay. She pulled away and looked around, I can tell shes confused. She asked what was going on, and before I could answer, Leo started going on about Marcus being evil. That only confused her more. Leo didn't notice and kept going on. I told Leo to be quiet. Gosh, I hope this is just some crazy nightmare. Emily? Is that you? Chase? How are your thoughts in my head? I don't know. Lets find out. I asked Mr.Davenport, and apparently we can hear each others thoughts. Thanks for the tiny grasp of the obvious. Note the sarcasm. Then Marcus and some man walked in. I could tell Emily was a bit scared by him, so I put my shield up around us. Then, when we asked Mr.Davenport who that was, he explained a bunch of stuff, including why he didn't tell us. Wow. He really hid a lot from us over the years. Then I realized we needed to get out of here. No one had any clue how to get out. This is going to take a while. Yes, yes it is.

AUTHORS NOTE- I'm so sorry I didn't update! I have been having a lot of personal issues and I didn't have any time to write. Oh! I also started making lyrics videos! Here is my first one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEj7IGB24PM