Chapter 7

Emily's POV

I was taken and put somewhere, but I was to scared to look.  I heard people talking, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I took a breath in and knew there was something wrong with it. I started to feel tired quickly, and soon, blackness took over.

Chase's POV

When we got back to the lab, Emily was clearly in a very unstable mental condition. I was worried about her, but Mr.Davenport started talking before I could do anything about it. 

Davenport : "Okay, she can't know about you bionics or that it was you who brought her here, so you go get into normal clothes, and I will use a memory eraser on her. I will tell you what to say when you get back.

Everyone : "Okay."

I knew something very strange was happening, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Emily's POV

I woke up, remembering my mom was dead. But I forgot everything after that. I didn't know where I was. I shot up, and looked around, I was in a living room, with Adam, Bree, Chase, and a unknown man looking at me. You can easily figure out that i'm confused. I was scared, until I saw Chase, gosh I need to stop feeling that way. I kept looking at them until the man started talking.

Davenport : Hello, Emily. My name is Mr.Davenport. I'm Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo's... father.  Your mother died, as you know. I'm very sorry about that. Then, some teenagers took you, and put you in a alley. They had drugged you, so you were asleep. No, they didn't do anything to you, don't worry, they just had a very sick sense of humor. Then, your friends here were walking home from the store, when they found you in the alley. They called the police, then me, and the cops said they had already known who you were, and what happened. Then asked us if we knew you, and they said yes, which was when they asked us if we wanted let you live here, since both of your parents are dead. We agreed, and, well, now were here.

That was a lot to take in. I looked at each of their faces, Bree's seemed happy yet casual, Leo seemed confused, Adam had thoughtful look on his face, and Chase seemed confused. 

Emily : "Um. Okay."

Was what I finally managed to say,

Bree : "Well, lets show you to your room!"

Wow she had a happy personality. She grabbed me by my arm, and pressed a little to hard on my few-day-old cuts. I winced a little, but she didn't notice. That's when I realized we were already halfway up the stairs, wow she was fast. She took me into a ordinary room, but it was much better than my old one. 

Bree : "We can make it look better later. Oh, and, this is the only room that doesn't have Eddy in it, along with the bathroom connected to it."

Emily : "Whats Eddy?"

Bree : "Our smart-home system. But he really isnt that smart, just annoying. Well, I should let you be alone, after all that has happened today."

Then she left. I was pretty wore out from having to hear all that, so I just went to bed.

Chase's POV

I knew something wasn't right. I didn't know what it was though. That bothered me. I heard Emily falling asleep with my bionic hearing, and just thinking about her made me smile. Gosh, I already had a crush on her, now living with her would make it obvious. Then, as if on cue, Leo popped up out of nowhere and said

Leo: "So, when are you gonna tell Emily that your in LOOOOOOOVE with her."

Chase : *blushes* "I'm not in love with her! I don't even have a crush on her."

I knew I was lying.

Leo : "Come on dude, just admit it, I mean, its obvious. Plus, you were thinking out loud."

Chase : "I was?"

Leo : "Yes. Now, I would love to keep bothering you, but I have a Pig vs Zombies marathon coming on."

And he walked away. But his words got me thinking. Do I love Emily? No, its just a crush, nothing more. With that, I went to my capsule and went to sleep.