Chapter 14

Chase's POV

Emily has been in the hospital for three hours. It took them one hour to fix her vein and replace the lost blood, and she has been blacked out for two hours. I'm getting really scared. Actually, i've been scared, its just getting 10x worse, if that's even possible. The doctor finally saw my mental breakdown, and said we could go see her even if she wasn't awake, but only one at a time. Luckily my family let me go first. I wil have to thank them sometime. I walked in, and I swear, my heart broke into a thosand pieces, right then and there. She was very pale, and she had a IV in both of her arms, and thick bandages covering her wrists. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, and I grabbed her hand. I could of sworn I felt her hand move, but I knew that was impossible, she should be passed out for a few more hours, even with bionic healing. Then, as if to prove my logic wrong, I saw her open her eyes. I thought I was hallucinating until she said something.

Emily: "Chase?"

Chase: "Your awake!?!?"

Emily: "What happened?"

I wasn't sure what to say. How do I tell her she cut her own vein open? I can't just be like Oh, your vein was in two pieces, no big deal. Yeah, so not happening.

Chase: "You...Um...You cut your wrist... and went a little to deep."

Emily: "Oh. I remember now.... Listen, Chase, i'm really sorry I didn't tell you. Its just.... it had been going on for so long, I didn't think it mattered. I didn't think mattered.

I saw her crying. I pulled her into a tight hug, probably hurting her, and was happy when she didn't pull away. I hated that she felt that way. I knew I had to change it. 

Chase: "Emily, you matter more than anything in this world. Please never do this again. You mean the world to me. I would die if I lost you, which I got close to today. Just always remember that I love you Emily.

I just let the words softly flow out of my mouth, while still holding her in my arms. Then, something she said made my heart do one million jumping jacks.

Emily: "I love you to Chase. Thank you for saying those things to me. No one ever said anything like that to me, ever.

Then she leaned up and kissed me. I instantly kissed back. This wasn't just a ordinary kiss. This one was filled with love and passion from both of us. When she pulled away, a thought came to my mind.

Chase: "Hey, I bet the others want to see you."

Emily: "Yeah, probably."

Chase: "I will go tell them you're awake."

I left the room slowly, not wanting to leave her, and told them she was awake. I also rushed back in, along with everyone else, eager to see her. Everyone hugged her, and said funny things that made her laugh, and I couldn't help but laugh along with her. Her laugh was contagious. Then, Leo realized the doctor didn't know she was awake, so he went to tell him.

Doctor: "She's awake so early? Its a miracle! She wasn't supposed to wake up for anywhere from a few hours to a few days, if she even woke up! I have to go tell the nurses!"

He left. Then Mr.Davenport spoke up.

Davenport: "What he doesn't realize is your bionic, so your chip, along with Chase's, were working to help you. I'm also assuming he touched you, which makes the chip link work even faster."

Oh. So technically I was the one who woke her up. Wow. The doctor decided he over-judged things, and let her go home, but said to make sure someone was with her at all times. All of us wanted to be with her, even Leo, but Mr.Davenport said we would each have days we spent with her, except at school. The doctor had also assigned her anti-depressants. Wow. I can't believe I didn't notice she was depressed. I got cheered up when Mr.Davenport said the rest of today was my day with her. When we got home, I went to her room with her, seeing it was already cleaned from what happened, and we just talked, until she was tired. I put my arms around her, worried that if I didn't I would somehow lose her, and we both fell asleep.

Emily's POV

I felt someone grab my hand, and suddenly I felt strong enough to open my eyes. I opened them and saw Chase. I instantly felt safe knowing he was here. We talked, and I couldn't imagine how he felt, watching all that happen to me. I put him through way to much, yet he didn't seem to care. I decided I was going to try my hardest to make sure he never goes through anything like this again. Then, he started saying some really sweet things to me, and for once, I believed them. I kissed him, and I swear, it was heaven. I know that sounds cliche, but its the only word to describe it. Actually, scratch that. There wasn't a way to describe it. Then, he got everyone else, and they seemed happy. Even Leo, who I wasn't that close with. I also made a mental note to spend more time with Leo. Then, as if on cue, Mr.Davenport said everyone, including Leo, would have to watch me on certain days.  I didn't like the idea of being "watched" but I didn't say anything. Then, we went home, and I wanted to go my room, and Chase followed me, not that I minded it. We layed down in my bed next to each other, and talked for hours, until I started drifting to sleep. He put his arms around me in a protective way, making me feel safe I layed my head on his chest, and we both fell asleep.

AUTHORS NOTE- Again, this isn't the end. I will show her recovery process, and Marcus will be in the story to. So, about 10-15 chapter left in the story. So please keep reading! Don't forget to vote and comment!