Chapter 21

Emily's POV

***One week later***

I finally get to leave today! Bree is helping me pack my stuff, but there really isn't much to pack, so we are talking. Well.... shes talking. I'm just listening. Gosh, she can talk a lot. After a while, she said something that really caught my attention. 

Bree: "Hey, remember when Marcus captured you, and all of us?"

Emily: "Yeah... Why?"

Bree:  "Well, a few days ago I had a dream about him. It took place a few months in the future. He wasn't evil, and somehow me and him were dating. Honestly, I think after having that dream, I might have a crush on him."

Emily: "Well, we all know that he will never not be evil. Plus, I heard that cute guy in your math class likes you!

I honestly didn't even know who was in her math class. I know she would think of someone though. She can't have a crush on Marcus. He hates all of us. Plus, just in case she forgot, he STABBED me! Held us as hostages! (If you got that reference, then your awesome) We could never forgive him for that. By the time I finished thinking, we were done packing and Mr.Davenport was here to pick me up! I couldn't wait to sleep in my room again.

Bree's POV

I didn't want to tell her how serious my crush on him was. I mean, we hated him, how could I like him!?!?!? Also, I know she lied about that guy in my math class. She doesn't even know who is in my math class. And none of them are good looking. But part of me, a SMALL part of me, felt that maybe, just maybe, that dream could could be a little insight to the future. I know, its crazy. I'm still going to ask Mr.Davenport about it though. But I will NOT tell him about my crush on Marcus. I shouldn't have even told Emily.

***Skips to about an hour after they get home***

 I went into the lab, and saw that no one was in there but Mr.Davenport. I knew this was my chance to ask him if I could possibly see the future. 

 Bree: "Mr.Davenport?"

Davenport: "I've heard that tone of voice enough lately to know it can't be good."

Bree: "No! Its just , um.... Uh.... Is it possible that I can see the future?"

Davenport: "I guess it could be another hidden ability. But why do you need to ask me?"

Bree: "Well, I had a dream that took place a few months in the future, and everything was back to way it used to be. Well, almost, normal. Something was a little different, but I didn't know what."

I avoided telling him about Marcus in the dream.

Davenport: "Well, the only way to know is if it actually happens. So when it does, tell me. Okay?"

Bree: "Okay."

I just decided to get some rest, after all, if me and Marcus were to ever start dating, I'm going to need it.

Emily's POV

***Skips to late that night***

Me and Chase were in the living room alone, and I decided to tell him what Bree told me earlier. After I finished explaining, he had a second of hesitation.

Emily: "Chase? Are you okay?"

Chase: "Yeah, its just.... If we each have one other person out there that is bionic, that means there would only be one more bionic boy. Marcus is bionic. Wouldn't that mean that their chips are connected?"

Emily: "How did I not think about that!?!?!?"

Chase: "I had to much time to think was all. We-"

Chase was interrupted by Adam talking.

Adam: "Wait, so Bree's chip is connected to Marcus'? But he is evil!"

I could tell me and Chase were thinking the same thing. Adam was going to tell everyone. We couldn't let that happen!

Chase: "Adam, you can't tell anyone. Plus, we're not even sure yet."

Adam: "Okay I promise not to tell anyone."

Relief washed through me. Now we just had to hope that they never ended up together.

Marcus' POV

Derek was checking up on their chips, and when he said something about Bree is when I started to pay attention.

Derek: "Bree discovered another hidden ability. She can see the future in her dreams. If only I could record her dreams to see what she sees."

 Him saying that she could see the future made me wonder if she could see our future together. That is, if we even have a future together. She hates me. Plus I sound like one of those lovestruck guys from the movies. 

Derek: "MARCUS! Listen to me!"

Marcus: "S-sorry."

Derek: "Now that I have your attention, I'm going to tell you our plan. Tomorrow, I'm going to send you to their house to capture Adam, Bree, and Chase. Kill everyone else. And I mean EVERYONE else there. You also need to shut Eddy down. Got it?"

Marcus: "Got it."

I don't want to do this. But I have to. If I don't, then Derek will kill me. Literally, kill me. Ugh, why did this have to happen?

AUTHORS NOTE - Sorry, this was sorta a filler chapter. But it is very important, as almost everything typed in this chapter leads up to something big :D