Chapter 23

Marcus' POV

I opened my eyes, having the memories from yesterday flood into my head. Things are going to be extremely awkward today, especially between me and Bree. I don't know what I'm going to say to her, but I know I have to say something before its to late. I hope it doesn't end up being some cheesy speech that is super long.  If that what it takes, I guess I'll do it, though. Now is my chance, because its just me and her in the kitchen.

Marcus: "Hey, um Bree?"

Bree: "What."

She said it more like a statement, with no hint of emotion in it.

Marcus: "I, uh, just wanted to say i'm sorry for everything I've done.

Bree: "Okay."

I sighed. This was going to be harder than I thought.

Marcus: "I really am sorry. I'm sorry for everything I put you and your family through. I'm not saying it just for show, I really mean it."  

She didn't say anything, but she did stop making her cereal and look at me for a few seconds. Once everyone else came into the kitchen, I decided to go back to the guest bedroom.

Bree's POV

 I  think he's being serious about his apology. It honestly gave me butterflies when he was talking to me. But Emily is my best friend, and she hates him, so I can't like him. I decided to watch TV to clear my mind. Leo had his cartoons on, and when I tried to change it, he grabbed to remote back. I have to admit, they're better than they seem. I eventually looked at the clock, and it had been two hours! How did that happen? Right then, Mr.Davenport came in the living room and told me to go get Marcus.  I used my super speed to go to the guest bedroom. I tried to knock, and then I realized the door was open. Marcus was staring right at me, to. Great, he probably thinks i'm an idiot. Note the sarcasm.

Bree: "Mr.Davenport wants you in the living room."

I used my super speed to get out of there as fast as possible.

Marcus' POV

It was really cute when she tried to knock. But I didn't want to let it show. After she told me that Mr.Davenport wanted me, she ran out here. I really screwed up when I did all of that to her family. I slowly made my way down to the living room, where everyone was staring at the stairs, waiting for me to come down. I sat down next to Emily, and she moved away, so I was sitting next to Chase.

Davenport: "Marcus, we need every possible location that Derek could be at."

Marcus: "The only place I know of is our lab."

Emily: "He's probably lying, you know."

Marcus: "No, i'm not!"

Davenport: "STOP! Marcus, where is you lab?"

I told him where it was, and then I helped him start hacking into our secruity cameras, while Adam, Bree, and Chase got ready to go there and take Derek. By the time we got it got it up, they were already there.

Bree's POV

We got to his lab, and we didn't see him anywhere.

Adam: "Where is he?"

Chase: "I don't know, I followed the directions Marcus gave us exactly!"

Bree: "This definitely a lab alright. What other place would have all these gadgets?"

All the sudden, lasers starting shooting everywhere. I guess we set off the security system. Me and Adam were dodging lasers when I noticed Chase heading down a hallway.

Bree: "Chase! Where you going?!?!"

Chase: "I'll be back, keep avoiding lasers!"

Marcus' POV

We were watching them, when I realized I forgot to tell Mr.Davenport to turn off the security lasers. Then, they started shooting lasers all over the place. We were watching them try to go anywhere but where the lasers were, when the camera suddenly shut off. Both me and Mr.Davenport started freaking out. I really hope they are okay.

Chase's POV

 I used my bionic hearing to detect where the security system was located, and I was heading to it. I would figure out how disable it once I got there. I soon arrived at a door, and I knew the security system was behind it. I opened it, and saw a silver, metal box attached to the wall. I made my force  field into a small ball, and threw it at the box. It shut it down, just like I thought. I made my way back to Adam and Bree, and told Bree to use her super speed to check the rest of the place for Derek, and then get us out of here.

Bree's POV

I didn't see Derek anywhere, so I went back to tell Adam and Chase. Afterward, I super sped us home. Mr. Davenport ran over and hugged us three, while Marcus stayed in the corner. I could feel his eyes on me. Then, everyone left the lab, leaving me and Marcus alone.

Marcus: "I'm really glad you guys are okay."

Bree: "Yeah."

I turned away from him and pretended I was doing something on Mr. Davenport's cyber desk. I didn't realize Marcus had come up behind me until I turned to leave and nearly bumped into him. I tried to go around the side of him, but he put his arms on the sides of the cyber desk, so I couldn't.

Marcus: "Look, this morning when I apologized, I really do care about you and your family."

Then he kissed me. I realized what was happening, and super sped to my room. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or not. Ugh, why do things have to be so complicated?

Marcus' POV

I knew it was just a glitch, because her eyes change color slighty before. I learned that when Derek spied on them for so long. I just want her to understand how I really love her. Yes, love her.

Emily's POV

When we left the lab, Mr.Davenport took me to the hallway to talk.

Davenport: "You need to try to start giving Marcus a chance. He could be our only chance to get things back to normal."

Emily: "He is the one who made things not normal!"

Davenport: "He is helping us fix that."

Emily: "Whatever."

I stormed off to my room, I was so mad. How can they trust him? I felt like everyone was on his side and no one was on mine. I suddenly got a familiar rush through me, and I knew I couldn't control it. I looked inside my dresser drawer, and got out my old blade. I was holding it above my wrist when Chase came and snatched it out of my hand.

Chase's POV

Once I took it out of her hand she burst into tears. I just held her in my arms, waiting for her to calm down. I think its my fault. I really haven't been there for her, ever since everything happened with Marcus. Once she stopped crying as hard, I let go of her and started talking to her.

Chase: "I'm sorry I haven't been there for you. I promise I'll start spending more time with you. I need you to promise me you won't ever do this again, okay?"

Emily: "Okay, I promise."

Chase: "By the way, why did you even still have this?"

Emily: "I don't know. I guess I just kinda forgot about it."

I went and threw the blade in the trash, and made sure I held her extra tight once we went to bed.

Derek's POV

I have already planned everything I was gonna do to make them pay for what they've done. I just need to wait for the right moment to strike.