Chapter 25

Bree's POV

I woke up, immediately thinking about what I was going to say to Marcus today. I wanted to start a relationship with him. I just don't know how to do it. So here I am, trying to think of how to confront him, how to ask him, etc. so far I have nothing. I decided it would be better if I thought after breakfast, so I went downstairs to eat. After I finished my bowl of cinnamon toast crunch Marcus asked me to talk to him in the lab. I got really nervous, but I said yes anyway. At least I don't have to worry about how to confront him.

Marcus "Bree, I really like you as more than a friend, and I need to know of you feel the same way. I mean I know it's hard for you not to hate me after everything I've done and-"

I cut him off by kissing him. He instantly kissed back. When we pulled away he rested his forehead on mine and looked into my eyes. Once we managed to catch our breath he started talking again.

Marcus "I didn't think you'd like me back."

Bree "Are you kidding me? I spent all morning trying to think of how to tell you I liked you."

Marcus "Really?"

Bree "Yes, really."

He pulled back and took both of my hands in his, then asked me something I wasn't sure how to answer.

Marcus "So what do you want to call this between us?"

I thought for a bit before I answered.

Bree "I don't really know. I think we need to wait until everything is sorted out with Derek before we make any decisions. For now let's just go with the flow, okay?"

He agreed, then kissed my cheek and pulled away. As If on cue, everyone piled into the lab. Before anyone could ask what me and him were doing alone, Mr.Davenport started talking. I'm forever grateful for that.

Davenport: " I need everyone to pack the necessities and get into the RV. We will be traveling for possible up to a week while hunting down Derek." 

Marcus' POV

I really didn't have anything to pack, so I just stayed in the guest room. I was still happy from what happened with Bree. I feel complete now that she likes me back, but, theres still a lot to do. We have to find Derek, figure out what to do with him, and then we have to worry about her family accepting us.  I just hope all of this is over soon. 

Chase's POV

Me and Emily were packing our stuff, and I was watching her closely to make sure she didn't have any other hidden blades she might bring with us. Its not that I don't trust her, I just want to protect her.  She's absolutely amazing, and it pains me that she would ever want to hurt herself. She noticed me watching her, and I knew I would have to explain why by the look on her face.

Emily: "Chase? Why are you staring at me?"

Chase: "Its just.... I.... uh...."

Emily: "I want the truth, Chase"

Chase: *sighs* "I was making sure you didn't pack any blades or anything you could use to hurt yourself."

Emily: "That was my only one, and you threw it away. Besides, as long as I have you, I don't feel the need to do those things anymore."

I was so happy that I could help her. By now she had walked right in front of me, and I couldn't help but pull her into a long, passionate kiss. After five minutes, she pulled away, making me pout.

Emily: "Trust me, I didn't want to stop either, but we need to finish packing. I used my super hearing to listen in on the others, and everyone is finished."

I took my arms away from around her, and we both went to pack everything we would need for the next week. 

***Skips a few days ahead, on the RV***

Bree's POV

I was asleep until Mr.Davenport woke us all up, which made me pretty groggy.

Davenport: "We are exactly one mile from Derek's location. You guys need to prepare to fight him. Get into your mission suits, get the weapons, eat a power pellet for energy, all of that."

One thing was for sure, this was going to be a interesting day.