Chapter 4

Emily's POV

I woke up with my throat hurting, but I ignored it. I noticed the cut on my neck was gone, and the bruises were almost gone. Okay, this is weird. Thats NOT normal human healing speed. I started getting scared, but knew I couldn't spend my time worrying, I didn't want to be late again.  I heard my stomach growl, but I ignored it. I didn't want to eat anything. I sighed, and started walking to school.

***Skips to the hallway***

I walked into school, and saw Chase. He smiled and waved, I only waved back. I had to keep my distance. 

Chase : "Hey Emily!"

Emily : "Hi."

Chase : "Hey... Um, I was wondering what you last name was."

I was suspicious as to why he wanted to know. So I asked him just that.

Emily : "Why?"

Chase : "I'm just curious."

Something told me he was lying. I answered anyway though.

Emily : "Oh. Well its Patternson."

Chase : "Okay, thanks."

Thats when I heard the bell ring. It seemed louder than usual. It actually hurt my ears a little. I also noticed Chase flinched whenever the bell rung. I wanted to ask him about it, but that wouldn't be keeping my distance, now would it? No, it wouldn't. So I kept my mouth shut.

***Skips to lunch***

I didnt talk to Chase during class, but it was hard. I guess I will get used to it. I also was not looking forward to lunch. I knew I had to eat or people would give me weird looks. Not that they don't already. I got mostly veggies though, in a attempt to keep it low-cal. I also didn't talk to Chase during lunch. Actually, I didn't really talk to anyone during lunch. After lunch was over, I threw half of it away, then went to the bathroom, and repeated last night's event. I noticed my breath started to smell, and I didn't have any mints, so I guess I just won't talk the rest of the day.

***Skips to end of the day***

I was doing my homework, and it seemed easier than usual. I was almost finished and I haven't even been working for 15 minutes. Usually homework took me over three hours. Yeah, yeah I know i'm slow sometimes, get over it. After I was done, I started getting really hungry, but I didn't want to eat, so I decided to go to sleep before the hunger kept me up. 

Chase's POV

***Starts at beginning of day***

I woke up, and the first thing on my mind was finding out Emily's last name. I know that seems stalkerish, but Mr.Davenport wanted it, not me. I watched our normal morning stuff happen, then started heading to school.

***Skips to school***

 I saw Emily in the hallway, and I was happy. She seemed a bit distant. Probably just because of stress. I decided to get her last name first, so I didn't have to deal with it later.  Her last name was pretty. Then I noticed those butterflies in my stomach again. It went away though when the bell rung.  I noticed it seemed to bother Emily to. She must have a headache. I wasn't happy with the idea of her in any pain, so I got a little upset. I honestly felt stupid at that though, because it was just a headache IF she even had one. Wow...I'm rambling to myself.

***Skips to end of day***

I finished my homework extra fast today so I could talk to Mr.Davenport again.  I wanted to tell him her last name, and ask him why it was important.  He was working in the lab, so I walked up to him.

Chase : "Hey Mr.Davenport."

Davenport : "Hey Chase. Did you get her last name?"

Chase : "Yes. Its Patternson.

Davenport : "Okay. Now, this may seem weird, but..."

Chase : "But what?"

Davenport : "Well, I need you to get her address for me."

Chase : "What! Why?"

Davenport : "I just need it. Please Chase, this is serious, and although I can't tell you everything, you need to trust me on this."

I was going to reply when Adam came in the lab and asked what we were talking about. Luckily Mr.Davenport had a answer. Why do people always walk in here when i'm trying to have a private conversation!?!?

AUTHORS NOTE : So thats the chapter. That's two days in a row I updated! I'm proud of myself. But now I feel conceited. :( On another note, Thanks for reading! More updates soon!