Chapter 20

Emily's POV

I have only been here one day and I already want to get out. I can't do anything fun here. There is no one to talk to but the nurses. Except during the ONE visiting hour a day. Luckily the doctors say I can get out in a few days. I suddenly had a dull, yet strong pain in my neck. It was not unbearable, but it was really weird. I would tell the nurses, but then they would really think i'm crazy. I guess I just have to deal with it. 

Chase's POV

 I really missed Emily. Mr.Davenport said we couldn't go see her today, so I'd have to go the entire day without seeing her. I was just going to train by myself today, since no one else was going to train today. I was practicing moving heavier objects with my molecular kinesis, when I got a sudden pain in my neck. I didn't  think anything of it at first, but I started thinking about where it was hurting. Wait a minute.... It was hurting exactly where my chip is! I need to go tell Davenport about this. I found him reading some book on the couch.

Chase: "Um, Mr.Davenport? Why is my neck hurting exactly where my chip is?"

This seemed to really get his attention.

Davenport: "There is a couple reasons for why that could be happening. I need to do a scan of your chip to make sure everything is normal."

Well I wasn't expecting that at all. We went down to the lab, and he started the scan. Once it was over, a look of relief came across his face.

Chase: "Was their anything wrong?"

Davenport: "Nothing serious. It just means that your chip has been too far away from Emily's chip for too long. If you don't go see her soon, your chip's bond will break again. Luckily, visiting hour is just about to start, so lets go see her."

We both got into the car, not really bothering to think about bringing the others, and drove off.

Emily's POV

I noticed the pain slowly starting to get better, but it was still there. I was starting to get really curious as to why it was hurting in the first place. Then , I felt it stop as soon as Chase walking into the room. Before I could say anything he was hugging me, and of course I hugged back. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Mr.Davenport smile at us and then start doing something on his phone.  

Chase: "Did you have a pain in your neck before I got here?"

Emily: "Yeah.... How did you know that?"

Chase: "I had that pain to. Mr.Davenport said it was because our chips had been to far away for too long. I'm just glad I got to see you."

After that he kissed me, and we just kept talking until the hour was over.

Chase's POV

We went home, and I went to the lab to see what Adam and Bree were doing. I heard the end of Bree's sentence, and it shocked me.

Bree: "... And ever since we left Marcus' lab my neck had had this weird pain in it. I don't know why."

Could Bree's chip be connected to Marcus'? 

Chase: "You need to tell Mr.Davenport about that, Bree."

Bree: "Why should I? And when did you start eavesdropping?

Chase: "You need to tell him about it because it could be something serious. Plus, I can't help my bionic hearing!

Bree: "Whatever, I will tell him tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to sleep."

Adam and me went to sleep not long after Bree.

Marcus' POV

Derek: "Now their all asleep. Chase is dreaming about Emily, Adam is dreaming about talking fruit, and Bree is dreaming about you."

Part of me was happy she was dreaming about me. She was really beautiful. But I can't tell Derek that. They are our enemy, not our friends. Derek already knew our chips were connected though, since he is hacked into their chips, monitoring their every move. I honestly don't even want to help him, but I'm afraid of what he will do if I don't.  Ugh, I hate admitting fear. I just hope that when this is all over that Bree will forgive me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE - Sorry it took so long to update! But guess what.... My ankle isn't broken anymore! So now I can update every few days, just like I used to :D