Chapter 6

Emily's POV

 I woke up this morning with my throat feeling the same. I still had that feeling like I was being watched.  I didn't like it. I know I can't do anything about it, though. So I just forgot about it, and got ready. It was kinda strange though, if someone had seen me getting dressed...awkward. I hoped no one saw me, and I started going to school. I had a bad feeling about this day. 

***Skips to school***

I walked into school, looking for Adam, Bree and Chase. Ugh, I spend to much time with them.  I still kept talking to them, because, deep down, REALLY deep down, part of me might have hoped they truly cared. I walked up to them, and Bree immediately started talking to me about her new boyfriend, Owen. I heard about that guy, he is sorta an art freak, but of course I didn't tell her that. I noticed Chase wasn't really talking much, I wondered why, but I didn't say anything.

***Skips to class***

During class, Chase stared at me again today. It began to worry me. I had no clue why anyone would want to look at me. I knew there was a reason, and I wanted to find out. But of course, I stayed quiet. I noticed that happens a lot. I don't say what I really feel. I only say what people want to hear. Then, a bunch of unknown emotions flew through me. Some being anger, sadness, confusion, and lots more. I, as always, just didn't say anything about it.

***Skips to end of day***

Nothing happened at lunch. That was my main thought as I walked home. Today had been a boring day. I guess that bad feeling about today meant nothing. I walked in to my house, noticing my mom passed out on the floor. I thought she had just gotton drunk again, as this had happened in the past. But, suddenly, I heard a heartbeat, my moms heartbeat, and then, it stopped. That's when I noticed a empty bottle in my mom's hand, and a note next to her. I didn't have time to think. I didn't care how I heard her heartbeat. The only thing I could think was that my mom killed herself. She was gone. Even though she never acted like it, she was my mom, and she is gone forever. That's when I couldn't take it. I fell to the floor crying, staring at my mother's dead body.  Then suddenly, two boys and one girl ran in to the room at a speed no normal human could. I noticed the girl was dragging the boys along with her. I couldn't see who they were, because they had masks on. Who could they be?

Chase's POV

I knew Mr.Davenport had cameras in Emily's house. I overheard him with my bionic hearing.  I was trying to figure out why he had cameras in her house, blocking out Adam and Bree's argument. Suddenly, Mr.Davenport came in, with a urgent mission.

Davenport : "Guys, there is a urgent mission."

Bree : "What is it?"

Davenport : "A girl's mother died, and we have to help her."

Adam : "How did she die?"

Davenport : "We're not sure. I need you to bring her here, but you can't reveal your identity, because you know this girl. I will tell you more when she is here."

Chase : "Who is it?"

Davenport : "I can't tell you, because it may affect how you all act on the mission."

I noticed lots of flaws in what he was saying, I mean, people die all the time, and we don't do anything about it. But a mission was a mission, and I had to do it. So we got in our suits, and Bree used her super speed to get us to the address. Mr.Davenport didn't tell me the address. When we got there, I saw Emily on the floor crying. I felt a pang of pain in my heart for her, but I knew I had to stay focused, this was a mission. I took in the scene, it looked like a suicide, but something didn't seem right about it. There was a pill bottle in the mother's hand, but I looked closely, there was blood on her shirt. This didn't add up. None the less, Adam picked up Emily, making jealousy flow through my veins, and Bree took us off back home.

Mr.Davenport's POV

I wasn't proud of what I had done. But it had to be done. I'm not evil, I did it for everyone's own good. Now I just need Adam, Bree, and Chase to come back with her.

AUTHORS NOTE - Haha you have a cliffhanger. But I will update again tomorrow, so not for long. But how did you like the chapter? You weren't expecting THAT, were you? More drama comes tomorrow!