Chapter 1

Our world has changed in the worse of ways. The human race is no longer the dominant species. War broke out five years ago when the vampires declared war. Foolishly, the humans went to war. My people, the werewolves, decided that they would help the humans.

Our Alpha, my father, moved all the wolves and humans that were too young to fight underground. Too bad that included me and my older brother. My name is Hatspehut, like that Egyptian queen. My brother's name is Odin, we were 12 and 14 when the war started.

The war lasted for five years, and the result was soul crushing. The vampires won, killing everyone that stood against them. And that meant everyone that was in the war. The vampires rounded up the people that were left and slaughtered them, that included my parents, and the pack. My brother and I were now 17 and 19 and were orphans, alphaless, and for sure doomed if the vampires found this place.

The adults that did stay were the only ones that went outside at night. They would bring us food and whatever else we needed. They were the ones that told us that our father was dead. That was the first time I ever saw my brother cry. He was so upset that he almost ran away. I had to go get him before the vampires found him. From what the adults told us the be damned bloodsuckers do night rounds more often then day rounds. He came back and didn't say much after he found out about dad. I didn't say much after that either.

One night the adults didn't come back, The vampires finally found us. They stormed in pinning us to the walls. They put handcuffs on the humans and put silver collars around our necks. What humans didn't realize was silver only slows us down, weakens us, but it could never kill us. They hauled us out the underground hideout. The vampire that grabbed me was sent into the wall by Odin. The vampires then shock the both of us with their electric wands.

"No harm is to come to those two. They are the ones her highness wanted." One vampire said.

"They are dangerous sir." The other vampire tries to say, but the first vampire hisses.

"Then put them in the cages! But hurry we have to get this lot to the market." The other vampires nod. Soon enough Odin and I are thrown in cages big enough to hold a sheep dog. Our cages were thrown into the back of the semi truck.  

The rest of the kids were shoved into the semi. All of them were scared out their wits and back into the dark corners. Being pissed off by the gaul of these vampires I busted out the cage they had me in, but they had already closed the door. I tried to kick the door open, but my strength was failing me. I could barely stand.

"Stop that in there before you regret it!" That vampire yelled.

"Kiss my ass, bloodsucker!" I yelled back. Odin, who got out his cage too, grabbed me by my waist and pulled me to the back of the truck. He put his hand over my mouth. The truck started moving. He spun me around and stared into my eyes. His light brown eyes sparkled with anger.

"Have you completely lost your mind! Haty, the time of fighting is over. We lost, let's just except it." He looked away and sighed. He slid down the cold steel wall. I stood there looking around at the children's sad faces. My wolf became very sad and very angry. I told myself I wasn't  done fighting. I knew that the humans wouldn't survive, but my brother and I would. I sat down next to him and put my head on his shoulder.

"We ganna be alright right, Odin?" He put his arm around me and kissed my head.

"If they split us up." My eyes shot up at him. I clenched my teeth trying not to cry. I have never been too far from Odin. He has always been there for me and the thought of not being with him just brings me to tears.

"Or if I die, I want you to promise me something." I nodded.

"Just do what they tell you and survive." I couldn't bare to think about what they would do to me. It made me shiver thinking of all the horrible things they could do. I would never do what a vampire told me to do. I looked into Odin's somber eyes, and couldn't say no to him. I nodded and buried my face into his chest sobbing. He tighten his grip around me, just like dad did before he left to fight. I realized the importance of the promise I just made. We were the last two Alpha wolves of our pack, so either the both or one of us had to carry on the legacy. It's too important to let go. 

The doors sung open hours later. The light was extremely bright. When the vampires saw that we were out our cages they stormed in with electric wands. I was ready to fight, but Odin stopped me.

"Stop fighting Hatspehut. Give up." Odin said to me in mind link. With a deep sigh I let them grab me.

"Careful, there can't be any bruises on those two. She won't be too pleased if she sees any on them, especially the girl." With that they were a bit more careful with me.

I tried to stay close to Odin but they separated us. I was way too weak now to fight anyone. They took me into one wing and Odin into the other. Soon as I couldn't see him anymore my head drooped with sadness. My hands were bound in sliver shackles as they took me to what looked like a cleaning place. The man yanked on the chain when I tried to go back. They took me to this place along with some other girls. The vampire gave the chain to a woman.

"Take great care with this one. My Lady wants to make sure that she made the right choice with this purchase." The blue eyed guy looks at me one more time before leaving. The woman tugged on my chain and lead me further into this place. The woman then put my chain on a lock. Two more women came up with scissors. One held my feet while two of them start cutting off my clothes. My eyes grow wide and I try to struggle, but the sliver has weakened me too much. When my clothes are completely gone they stare at my body for a while.

"Wash them. And hurry up with that wolf there, but make sure she is clean." The three women nod then get to work on me. They wash every part of me, and I mean every part. My cheeks were beyond red. They washed my hair then dried me off. When my grooming was finished they just put cloths around my chest and lower area. The women then lead me away to another place. Once I get there I am put in a chair. My hair is quickly straightened then  I am taken away.

The silver is weakening me too much now. I nearly stumble every step, but the vampires insist that I keep walking. An iron door is now in my way. The scent of my brothers brings back some strength into my body. My wolf although very weak she stands up on her buckling legs. When we enter there is only one light in the middle of a platform. Another light shines and I see Odin being lead away by another vampire.

"Odin!" I call out to him. He turns and tries to get to me, but The vampires keep him away. I am then shoved to the platform and the chain is once again in a lock. I try to pull out, all my efforts are useless. I hear a light chuckle coming form behind one of the darkened windows. From there I can see a woman siting in a chair with a man standing next to her. A shiver goes down my spine, my wolf's tale begins to weakly wag, but in a split second she stops.

The woman presses a button and a red light flashes in the window. I look around to the other windows, no lights flash. After a few seconds I taken away. My mind keeps going back to that woman. Why does she seem so... familiar? When I was taken from the hall they put a sold sign and a number around my neck.    

After they were done with me they shoved me into a dark room alone with no one but myself, and my wolf. But then I hear a comforting voice in my head.

"Hatspehut, are you okay?" I heard Odin's voice in my head.

"Yes, what about you, you okay?" I said back.

"Yes I'm fine, but those females were very touchy with me." I giggled a little.

"Haty, I love you." He said that like he was saying good bye. I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"I love you too Odin." I cried in silence.

"Be strong. I'll talk to you later I promise." I sighed and looked at the door waiting for something to happen. I sat in the dark room for another day before I was taken away from my dark cell. Unlike the humans, us wolves were not used as a blood source. We were used as protection for the vampires. Only the richest vampires bought us. My new lady was a very rich and bought me just before I was caught. Well that's what they told me.

Her last name was Hawthorne, her first name was Saryia. Above all she would be my worst nightmare come to life.