Chapter 19

Jamie

Good God, she is stronger than  thought she would be. She threw Exous to the other side of the room like he was a ball. She looked so angry when Mercy touched me, I was mad too. I don't want her touching me at all. After Hatspehut ran out I heard her howl. Odin got very nervous. He looked over at me telling me that she is pissed off. I would be too if I was her. Mercy didn't have to tell her what Saryia did to her father.

Saryia for some odd reason looked ashamed of herself when Mercy said that. I guess she still does have a heart, no matter how tiny it is. I looked out the window and saw a big brown wolf run by. I knew that had to be Hatspehut. Mercy chuckled watching her run by. 

"Saryia, you need to teach that dog some manners! The nerve of that one!" Mercy snickered eating her salad. Saryia put her elbows on the table looking outside.

"Believe me I will." She muttered. Mercy looked over at Odin glaring at him. He glared back then put his eyes down.

"Well at least that one has some respect for his superiors." His light brown eyes met hers again.

"I say this with the highest respect madam, but it was you that was out of line." Mercy's eyes got lighter. Odin didn't back down from that statement. I watched as the heat between them boil. Saryia just watched like this was a tv series. 

"So says the master's pet." She chuckled. "You and your sister will never be good enough to lick the dirt off my shoe, and for the record neither was your father." Odin's eyes got pitch black. He slowly stood up taking a deep breath.

"Madam, you remarks show me that the dirt on your shoes isn't worth licking. You may be a vampire, but you will never be better than I, my father, or my sister. So you can place your glossy lips on my ass and kiss it repeatedly!" Saryia's eyes whitened. I sat back in my chair smiling. He turned to Saryia and bowed then turned to me and bowed. He left the room not saying another word.

 Mercy's cheeks burned red with anger and embarrassment. I sipped my wine looking over at her. I could tell that Saryia wanted to say something about what Mercy said to Hatspehut, but she bit her tongue for some reason.  I certainty wasn't going to hold mine.

"Mercy, you will not speak to Hatshepsut or Odin like that ever again. If you want to stay in this house you will do what I say." Mercy laughed and sipped her wine.

"Your dog lover is going to learn how to respect me. She has another master to bow to."

"Actually no she doesn't." Saryia said to my surprise.

"She only has me to listen to. I am her master after all." I slammed my hand on the table. They both looked at me like I had lost my mind.

"You say you love her, yet you still treat her like property! She is not an object or some pet. She is a wonderful person and you won't recognize that at all Saryia! That is why she will always be in love with me, and I will always be in love with her!" I stormed out of the hall heading straight for my room.

I was about to throw a tantrum, rip everything I saw to pieces when the door opened. Mercy came in looking innocent. I hissed loud, I didn't want her in here at all. I rushed out to the balcony not saying a word to her. She dare to insult the love of my life and her brother! I should toss her off the balcony.

"Your sentiment for the mutt is most touching. Let's get real here baby you know that deep down in that dark heart of yours, you still love me." I snapped my head around grabbing her by the throat.

"You listen to me you worthless vulture! There was apart of me that did love you, but she left when you left me! I am in love with a girl that loves me and only me. She would never leave me because she wants fancy clothes and a big house! You keep your distance from me and her or I will kill you without loosing any sleep over it!" Her green eyes turn so bright they could rival the stars. She used all of her strength to pry my hand off her throat. She stepped back grinning at me.