Chapter 11

The pain in my neck went away longer than I expected. It took an entire week for the pain to stop. The scar already faded away, but the burning pain remained. Saryia and I took walks almost everyday. She would put me on a leash now. There goes all of the dignity I had left. She would make me stay with her all day and sometimes at night.

When I wasn't with her I was with Jamie or Odin. Odin and I would practice where to step in the woods. Making sure we did it right so we could get away without triggering any of those freaking traps. We would spend hours doing this over and over. It was boring and agonizing. The mountains were right there I wanted to get Jamie and leave, but Odin insisted on practicing.

Being with Jamie was a lot more relaxing. We would take walks through the garden and I would tell her about my pack. She listened so well. She liked listening to my funny stories about what my pack at school would do to Odin's pack for pranks. Since there was an even number of girl wolves and boy wolves in our pack we split ourselves up.  I guess curiosity got me one day cause I wanted to ask her something.

"Jamie?"

"Yes my love?"

"How did you become a vampire?" She looked at me and sighed. We walked into the orchid and sat beneath the shade of the trees. She pulled me next to her and put my head on her chest. Why does she have to do that? She knows how to get me going.

"Well, its not a pretty story, but I'll tell you anyway." She sighed again and kissed my head.

"Okay Saryia was born in 1673, and I was born in 1674. We were raised in the Puritan settlement of Salem. Have you heard of the Salem Witch Trials right?" I nodded. She kissed my head again.

"The witch trails started and Saryia and I were accused. We did no type of witchcraft, but the  people of Salem were too caught up in the nonsense, so it was our word against theirs."

"Wait I don't understand. Aren't you and Saryia German?" She chuckled and nodded.

"Our parents converted to Puritans when they went to the Americas." I nodded and snuggled up with her.

"What were the accusations against the two of you?" She looked sad and sighed again.

"Someone in the crowd said that they saw us sending out our souls on Mercy Jhonston. Mercy wouldn't say anything, but her superstitious parents said that they saw my soul on her. Mercy was the girl I was in love with at the time." A tear formed and fell from her cheek. I wiped it away kissing her cheek. She smirked and sighed again holding me tighter.

"Saryia, was accused of cursing the priest daughter. She didn't like the priest daughter because she thought that she was prettier than all the other girls. Saryia and I were convicted guilty and we were hanged." Her hand went up to her throat. She rubbed her throat then put her hand back down.

"Our bodies were put into a shallow grave, but Mercy's father violated our graves then dug our bodies up. He left us like that, but something happened. We awoke, but we weren't quite human." She looked down at me. I was in awe. She closed my mouth and kissed my head.

"We realized that we had to drink blood to keep ourselves alive. So we would drink from the cows or the goats to restrain ourselves from drinking from the towns people." I nodded again. Looks like once upon a time Saryia didn't like drinking from people.

"Wish that Saryia could come back..." My wolf said. I smirked.

"Mercy, visited our graves one night and saw that they were destroyed and dug up. That's when we told her what we were and how we kept ourselves alive." She held me tighter kissing my cheek.

"Mercy, became our donor when the towns people started locking up the livestock at night. Then everything went downhill with that relationship after that. So now Saryia and I are 18 and 19 forever." She looked down at me again.

"Do you know where Mercy is now?" I asked her. She shook her head kissing me gently. Her moist lips made my head spin.

"The last time I saw Mercy, Saryia was kicking her ass all over Salem." She laughed. She shook her head then sighed.

"Saryia and I were close back then. She was furious when Mercy broke up with me. She would have killed her if I didn't stop her."  She kissed me again.

"Why aren't you close now?" Jamie rubbed my back reassuring me it wasn't about me.

"Something inside of her snapped. She became what she is now. For some reason I still love her, she has been by my side all these years. She has been a big sister to me. I have a loyalty to her like you have to your brother, but I am loyal to my heart first." I smiled knowing she was talking about me.

"I love you." I told her. She smiled again and kissed me passionately. I heard footsteps coming through the garden. I helped her up from under the tree. Saryia was walking towards us. Jamie grabbed my hand.

"I've been looking for you Haty, its dinner time." Saryia grabbed my other hand. She kissed my cheek. I heard a low hiss come from Jamie. Her grip on my hand tighten slightly. The three of us walked to the dining hall not saying a word. We got into the hall and Odin was already there. He looked confused when he saw the three of us together. He slowly bowed when Saryia looked at him.

"Odin, thank you for joining us for our meal tonight." She happily said.

"A high privilege to be here." He said back. Saryia let go of my hand and went to her seat. Jamie let go as well. I walked over to my seat sitting down quietly. Dinner was served a few minutes later. Saryia swirled around the wine in her glass.

"Jamie, you remember that part of the wall in the woods?" Jamie's head raised slowly. Odin and I looked at each other.

"Um, yes I do why?" She casually said. Saryia slouched in her chair.

"Well some of the guards overheard the humans talking about escape." Jamie laughed. She was covering for us.

"Escape no one has ever escaped from here." Saryia chuckled along with Jamie. Odin took the glass of wine in front of him and started to sip it. I took mine too and sipped it. This wine taste weird. Must not be a good year.

"Well what happened to the humans?" Jamie asked. Saryia grinned again. I hate it when she grins like that.

"The wine is good tonight isn't it?" My eyes bulged out of my head. I stared coughing and choking. Odin spit it up into a napkin. Jamie looked at the wine then put it down. Saryia was laughing at us.

"Saryia that isn't funny!" Jamie yelled. Saryia laughed harder. That is one sick lady. I looked at Odin and he shook his head at me.

"Well because of that I'm boosting up security. That wall will be guarded as well. Escape what an impossible thing they could think of."  She sipped the wine again licking her lips. This woman is  fucking crazy! Whatever snapped can't be fixed. Odin, Jamie and I got to get out of here in the next few days before it's too late. The time to act is now.